MP-4212 My Videos internal scrapers rework (1 Viewer)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @Deda

Updated to latest version from GIT branch.

Everything working perfectly except covers not updating when I change them.

Logs attached. Maybe the added logging will give you a clue.

This seems to happen 100% on videos I scrape since the new version of the scraper.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Fixed by deleting all images relating to that movie from the thumbs folder (C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\Videos\Title), going back into the movie details page in MP and clicking the up/down arrows until I found one I liked.
    Tried that, too - but unfortunately w/o luck... (and nothing in logs)

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    It looks like that logs can't help in this, I check yours and everything is by the book.

Last thing to help me in this to make me visual debug like this (as you wrote is 100% on new scrape it will be easy):

1. Do everything as before (Scan movie and open movie info screen)
    2. Before change cover in movie info screen remember the picture and wait 1 min (at least that minute is changed)
    3. Change cover one time and open Windows Explorer (do not exit MP) or what you're using for file browser in Windows
    4. Open MP videos thumb folder (C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\Videos\Title) and look for cover filename (it will have file name as movie title with suffix {movieId})
    5. Open that image and see if it is different than one after scraping, also check file modification date if it is the same as the time when you change cover.
    6. If it is the same try to change more covers (2 or 3 up) and check again like point 4.

Last edited:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Okay, file is correctly downloaded, but simply not refreshed inside MP.

The weird thing is, it doesn't happen for every movie. I downloaded data for one, and switched to windows explorer while it was downloading. It didn't download correctly, but after I hit 'refresh' it downloaded twice (!) and then the covers were updated. I suspect there was some weird timing thing going on here.

It is strange, but if a movie is okay and updates the covers, then it always updates fine. If it isn't, then it doesn't!

But for me it happens almost all of the time.

In the following logs, Lord of the Rings is fine. Alien is not. Don't know if you can spot any difference.

Edit: but after exiting and restarting MP, Lord of the Rings is also not updating.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What I found so far:
    1. I generated .nfo files for all movies.
    2. I deleted the Video DB
    3. Via MPConfig -> Videos, I imported all videos with .nfo files
    4. After that, I can change the covers in all videos again.
    Maybe that helps a bit?

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    This is weird. For me it works nearly all the time. It's just occasionally it gets stuck. Still trying to make it happen again so I can post debug logs :(.

Wo0zy

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I just can't initiate covers stuck (tried every possible combination including directly corrupting database fields with garbage). Anyway, I changed radically complete internal scripts processing so you can try it in 1.5. from files in 2nd post. Just beware to update all files and scripts (you can fetch them also via update) as old scripts will fail (others like ofdb, kinopoisk you can download by update from config or GUI as I changed on them what was needed).
    Maybe cover change will work, if not debug log will be fine :)

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Can't say too much without logs :), but I tested files and there is no problem with MP 1.5 with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom