MP2 - Spring'16 [MP-638] Cropped images by SkinEngine (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Brownard
    You have already added a lot of great features to image controls, so you could perhaps also take a look on this bug by time.
    It's not a critical bug, but takes a lot of visual quality unfortunately :( Morpheus_xx has already tried to fix it, but so far there is no solution.
    As this bug exists already since years and we survived, there is no time pressure :D;)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When I saw the place for the texture alignment extensions, I had the same idea. My change is in the same part, but the result is not yet right. I'm currently out of ideas what the original cause for this problem is.

IIRC the issue is no longer present in the DX11/D2D branch, but currently I doubt that this one will ever get finished

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    IIRC the issue is no longer present in the DX11/D2D branch, but currently I doubt that this one will ever get finished
    If this is the case we could perhaps also reconsider to add a few basic effects (dropshadow and glow). So far we were mainly waiting for DX11 to avoid double efforts I think.
    With those effects availabe, also my "selfmade" shadows and glows could be replaced as I don't like those too much anyway :rolleyes:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I rechecked the branch with the first trial to fix it. There is at least partly an improvement. It seems that the code does not work correctly because dependent on the image size yet.
    You can see in the screenshot, that for the smaller tile the left side looks correct, but for the large tile only the upper right corner looks fine.

Unbenannt2.jpg Unbenannt.jpg

@Brownard
    Can you try to take a look as "image expert"? :rolleyes:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unfortunately there is no fix for this issue yet. The former test where not successful and I also have no further idea :(

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I see.

Yet ge2301 wrote that he observed improvements with your changes from this thread. Were these changes pushed into the Summer 16 branch?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The change is only inside an experimental branch:
    Can you check out this new branch? "EXP_FixCroppedImage".

It's not part of releases or weekly builds because it didn't really fix the issue, only shifted it a bit ;)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah, but a bit is still better than nothing.

I propose to leave the decision to @ge2301 who can better judge from a skinning perspective if this should be made part of the next weekly.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Perhaps it's good, that also other Dev's take a look before @Developers
    It seems to me a dirty tricky, but perhaps small issue. More than 2 eyes may find something.
    I checked the fix only on some screens, not sure, if there are side effects possible. As it's only about a few pixel, it's not directly visible.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom