[confirm] MP always crashes after wakeup from standby when starting a recorded file (2 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Country flag
    Good :)
    Dont forget to upload your log (even if all works) :)

rogerleifert

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    MP-logs attached (normal-mode, not debug-mode).
    If you need more, please tell me.

Mute and Volume Up/Down do not work/react.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Country flag
    So just to be sure, RecordedTV works but only mute Up/Down doesn't right ?
    Can you mute and up/down from windows taskbar sound icon ? (i suppose yes)

So it's better in final but not 100% ok yet :)

rogerleifert

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    So just to be sure, RecordedTV works but only mute Up/Down doesn't right ?
    Yes
    Can you mute and up/down from windows taskbar sound icon ? (i suppose yes)
    Yes

The mute/unmute/volume up-down problem is gone!
    I made a few minor changes to the LAV-audio decoder (bitstremaing for AC3/DTS enabled), restarted the HTPC and MP and now everything works.
    (Of course Volume Up/down with an AC3-Audio stream has no effect because of bitstreaming enabled, but the volume-bar in the upper left of the screen reacts positively.)
    When playing a .ts file with mpeg-audio stream volume up/down works as expected OK.

I 've tried both options in Volume Control (Master volume and Wave) in MP-configuration and both work perfectly with mute/unmute/volume up/down.

So it's better in final but not 100% ok yet :)

So, for me it's 100% OK.:)
    And: MP seems to be more responsive and somehow "quicker" when navigating in the basic home screen between different extensions etc.
    Also the reactions to commands from my IR-RC is somehow much quicker.
    It seems you have put a little magic in the DLL :)

THX a lot.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Country flag
    That's good :)
    Effectively, i have add try/catch exception code, because i notice when errors occurs, it didn't finish the other part of code to full init MP (so the lag you has notice before).

So will wait if all is good on your side for next few days :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Country flag
    I can see few errors on log related to Up/Down lol
    I will try to fix that but could you delete your logs and create a fresh one even with Up/Down to see if error are logged ?

rogerleifert

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Attached are some fresh logs.
    Volume setting is set to Master Volume.
    I have played around with the Volume Up/Down and Mute buttons on my remote control.
    At first I played a .ts file with the AC3 audio layer, then I changed to the MPEG audio layer.
    If you need more logs, please tell me.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Country flag
    Good, no error :)
    So can you try again with default 1.7.0Pre release core.dll ? (to see if the error back :) )
    Also :
    In Jira link : https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-4416
    You can find full installer, so it means, you can start 1.7.0Pre-release (link from MP homepage) and select reinstall option to reinstall current 1.7.0Pre-release and confirm that you trigger the issue.

Then you can do the same with above link (reinstall option), it's the full new installer with the fix inside :)

rogerleifert

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hi Sebastiii,

I first tried to exchange the the "new" core.dll with the "old" one that I had only renamed to make the error come back.
    No success.
    Then I reinstalled 1.7.0 Pre-release.
    No success.
    I tried for the whole week to make the error come back.

So I am clueless now why the erorr is gone even with the old version?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Country flag
    It can be a setting (lav audio ?) or maybe mediaportal setting ?
    You can try to restore mediaportal.xml from old log.zip when the pb occurs to see if it goes back ?
    For sure exception it's catch and fix some typo :p

Users who are viewing this thread