[confirm] MP always crashes after wakeup from standby when starting a recorded file (1 Viewer)

rogerleifert

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    OK. I have extracted the mediaportal.xml from one of the crash-logs and guess what:

MP crashes again after wakeup from standby (logs attached)!
    (THX for the tip)

There are two things I changed in the audio settings for testing purposes:

1.) I deactivated all bitstreaming formats in LAV-audio decoder
    2.) I set the mixer volume from 100% for 95% of my Realtek digital output

So one of the two settings should be the cause of the crash I hope.

Will test further to find out and then finally reinstall your new core.dll

Kind regards

Roger

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Country flag
    Hi :)

I think the culprit could be : 'Mixer volume from 100% for 95%'
    I can't reproduce here and happy to see the future diff with new dll :)

rogerleifert

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hi Sebastiii,

I thought so too, but no.
    But I think I found it:
    When the options for bitstreaming in LAV audio-decoder are all deselected (not ticked) and I play a recorded .ts file with an ac3-stream (with ac3-layer set as preferred over mpeg-audio in MP-settings!) then I get the crash with the old core.dll but not with the new core.dll.

Have tried each option once and will try to confirm some more times with the old and the new dll.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Country flag
    Great, you can reach me on IRC for direct talking :)
    Are you able to do some test this morning ?

rogerleifert

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Have found the time to do one more test with the old and the new core.dll
    I can confirm what I wrote in the preview post
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ng-a-recorded-file.124910/page-5#post-1070182
    I am 99% sure that that is the exact reason for the crashes.
    Attached are fresh logs for a crash with the old core.dll and a non-crash with the new core.dll with the exact settings as described in the mentioned post.

For me the case is closed and could be set to "SOLVED" :)

THX to Sebastiii for invaluable help to nail down the culprit.

Users who are viewing this thread