MP and Hauppauge R-005 Remote (1 Viewer)

nick_w79

March 31, 2012
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hello there,

Am new to MP and spent the whole of yesterday (literally) setting it up and I still feel like I've only scratched the surface. Great piece of software.

One thing I am I am having difficulty with is setting up my Hauppauge remote to work with MP.

I have gone into the remote section of the config and ticked "Use Hauppauge remote" under the Hauppauge tab. I then selected the 34 button remote as my remote does have 34 buttons, it's the R-005 (picture attached). I did notice though that in the button names it didn't include all the buttons that my remote has so I had a look at the 35 button remote. This one did have all the buttons I had. I tried both in fairness but had no luck. MP was detecting the presses but the actions weren't correct.

After searching for some help on this and not finding anything specifically useful I tried the learn option. I used the 35 button remote selection as this seemed to be the obvious choice.

When I press the keys in learn mode I just get a zero registered against each action and once saved it seems that every button is the "home" action.

I created a log file after following this procedure in the way explained on the Wiki but I'm not sure if I got it right so please let me know if I haven't.

I also noticed that when I get to 7 the config sometimes crashes. Not every time but it is always on the 7. It did this when I was replicating the problem before the log file so there may be some clue to it in there.

I hope someone can help because this is a great piece of software and I would really like it to work properly for me.

Cheers

Nick

Attachments

• R-005 Remote.JPG
    R-005 Remote.JPG
    37 KB

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If wrong actions, then try disabling as hauppauge remote and try HID instead, sorry to not sound helpful, but they have changed a few things between remote releases, and we do not have a remote whizzkid currently.

Also there is a utitlity called irserversuite which may work with that remote better (Search forum)

nick_w79

March 31, 2012
    Home Country
    Thanks for the reply Ray.

I tried to use IRSS but found it completely unfathomable and couldn't find any real guide on how to use it.

I had a look at the log files though to see if I could make any sense and I noticed an error when updating an XML file called "Hauppauge HCW". I had a look at this file in Notebook and saw that the remote config was getting the x10 codes from there. I thought that if I entered the x10 codes manually then the remote should work. I thought I found the codes on another forum where someone was having a similar problem. They had listed hex codes for each key so I initially tried those with no luck, and then tried the decimal equivalent, also with no luck.

I'm no expert but I suspect I may be on the right track.

Is there any software which could tell me which x10 codes my remote is sending to the receiver?

nick_w79

March 31, 2012
    Home Country
    Oh well, it would seem that it's just not meant to be.

I'm going to give aMPdroid a go.......

Cheers

MarkW

Portal Member
    April 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hey Nick!

I'm on day-1 of this problem. Did you manage to find a solution? If not, I guess I know what I'll be doing with my weekend :)

Cheers M8!

Mark

Pfiffy

Portal Member
    June 24, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey there,

is there probably a solution to this problem in the meantime? I spent a lot of time with my R-005 remote. I have the additional problem that i can't set "Use Hauppauge remote" because MP says there is no Hauppaugge ir driver loaded.

Cheers
    Markus

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Markus

I have the additional problem that i can't set "Use Hauppauge remote" because MP says there is no Hauppaugge ir driver loaded.
    Well, you're not going to get the remote working at all if that is the case.

Have you installed IR32?
    If not, please install it. You should be able to download it from Hauppauge's website in the support section for your tuner.
    If you have, please uninstall and reinstall it and then reopen MP configuration and see if there is any change.

mm

Pfiffy

Portal Member
    June 24, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks! That solves the problem with the "Use Hauppauge remote" option. Now i can set this option BUT the Hauppauge remote R-005 doesn't work. The learning mode always learns a "0" with every button. As i can read here, there is no way to get the Hauppauge R-005 to work with MP :-(((

Cheers
    Markus

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    What version of MP are you using please?

[edit: In fact, looks like it doesn't matter. Please try the attached HcwHelper.exe. Replace the existing HcwHelper.exe in your MediaPortal install folder (typically c:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal). Don't forget to take a backup of the original! If this version fails to work, please post your log files.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files
    ]

Attachments

• HcwHelper.zip
      6.9 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom