MP changes system standby behavior (1 Viewer)

Doron

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 11, 2006
    Nahariya
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    ronsonol, did the mirror thing work?

ronsonol

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2007
    Kingston
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I did not try the mirror, the problem I was having with IR signals reaching the usb-uirt was due to my plasma. I noticed the codes changing even when pressing the same button on the IR remote. It was quite unusual, and using girder you are able to see the IR codes the program receives through the usb-uirt, and 8 out of 10 times the code was random. As soon as I stopped pointing the usb-uirt twords the TV and AV equipment - the signals became more consistent.

Using the usb-uirt and IR remote to control MP seems consistent, except I've noticed when I wake the machine up from standby, the remote sometimes doesn't work until I close and re-open MediaPortal. Maybe a bug/glitch?

Also, I wish there was a way to program the usb-uirt with conditions like you can the ATI/MCE remote. Like, if this screen/window is open, this button does something, but maybe something else when a different window is open.

Doron

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 11, 2006
    Nahariya
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Also, I wish there was a way to program the usb-uirt with conditions like you can the ATI/MCE remote. Like, if this screen/window is open, this button does something, but maybe something else when a different window is open.

You can use the MCE Replacement Plugin to get messages from Gridder. So actually you can have all the functionality of MCE remote.
    You should read about "Message Mode" in : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mce_replacement_plugin_documentation-t22667.html
    Your wish is granted :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom