1.31.0 Mp client does not close before standby (1 Viewer)

harryzwo

Portal Pro
July 25, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
So far I have used the MCS standby tool to close the MP client before standby. This doesn't seem to work anymore and causes me to keep getting an error screen. Then I have to restart MP. Is there another possibility to close the client before the standby?

Attachments

• MP1-Fehler.PNG
    MP1-Fehler.PNG
    5 MB
  • MP_Logs_HTPC_23_08_14_13_03.zip
    6.9 MB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    So far I have used the MCS standby tool to close the MP client before standby. This doesn't seem to work anymore and causes me to keep getting an error screen.
    What is this "MCS Standby Tool"? Is it an MP plugin? I had a look on the MP web site, but I could not find any plugin that looked relevant. Anyway...

The file "MediaPortal-Error.log" has these lines:

Code:
    PS: Exception in RunExternalCommand: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005):
    Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden
       bei System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
       bei System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
       bei MediaPortal.Plugins.Process.PowerScheduler.RunExternalCommand(String cmd, String action)

from which I conclude that MP's PowerScheduler was attempting to run a command ("RunExternalCommand"), but was unable to find the executable (or a related) file ("Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden").

Check that whatever program PowerScheduler is trying to run is available on your system, and in a location where PowerScheduler (or Windows) can find it.

Are you running the 64-bit version of MP? I am not familiar with the support for 64-bit, and I am not sure what in the log file indicates the bitness of MP.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

harryzwo

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The MCS Standby Tool is a great tool when it works. I attached it once. It's quite an old tool. The relevant website no longer exists. Apparently the programmer is no longer active.

I installed MP1.31. It's only available in 32-bit. I don't start any programs or commands in Powersheduler. I can not imagine what is not found.

Attachments

• MCE Standby Tool.zip
      922.8 KB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I don't start any programs or commands in Powersheduler. I can not imagine what is not found.
    One of the great disappointments with MP log files is that when they encounter an error that something was not found, they don't tell you the name of what was not found. I had hoped that you had specified on the PowerScheduler config the name of a program that was to run when the system was about to standby, but if you have not done that, I don't know what might be missing.

It may be time to retire the MCE Standby Tool, and look for a different solution. What exactly are you trying to achieve that MP by itself does not already offer?

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The MCS Standby Tool is a great tool when it works. I attached it once. It's quite an old tool. The relevant website no longer exists. Apparently the programmer is no longer active.
    I also used this Standby Tool back when I had Windows Media Center and Win 7 but never tried or needed it with Media Portal. From memory it did not actually do anything that could not be set up in Windows but did put it all together in a nice package. The settings for standby either directly in Win 10/11 or via the Power Scheduler are pretty straight forward, you may want to check they are set correctly. I have never used and I am not familiar with any of the other options in the Power Scheduler that might be useful in your case but "Run a command on system power change" and "Reinitialise TV Server on restart" (or options/words to that effect) are maybe promising!:unsure:

harryzwo

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It may be time to retire the MCE Standby Tool, and look for a different solution. What exactly are you trying to achieve that MP by itself does not already offer?
    I would like to close MP-Client when the OFF button on the remote control is pressed (i.e. the PC is sent to standby).

harryzwo

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @joecrow

So far this has always worked. Perhaps a Windows update caused the problem. I am looking for an alternative solution. It's definitely not the fault of Powersheduler.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @joecrow
    So far this has always worked. Perhaps a Windows update caused the problem. I am looking for an alternative solution. It's definitely not the fault of Powersheduler.
    At this stage I think it would be very useful to know what your MP setup is and which OS's you are using.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom