MP Config "hangs" at Plugins and MP "hangs" at "Loading window Plugins" (2 Viewers)

Pidde

Portal Member
April 24, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi,

Same for me. When starting MP it hanged for a long time (loading plugins or something). Also starting the TV service configuration takes loooong time.

I had the same problem with the previuos stable version.

I solved it by not using the TV server, but instead the build in.

I will try the firewall thing though...

/P

bbathome

Portal Member
January 26, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I did some changes in MP Config - e.g. no debug-mode - and then MP is working fine - I wanted to turn timeshift in TV server off, but without minimum number of file >=1 no picture in MP. I am not sure if I will use the TV server - maybe I skip out to DVBViewer for TV. The built in TV module cannot be used by me because of HDTV.

bb@home

Pidde

Portal Member
April 24, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi bbathome,

I do not have any HDTV at my place...

So the inbuilt TV does not support HDTV, only the TV server?
You mention debug-mode, is that the same as the watch-dog?

/P

bbathome

Portal Member
January 26, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Pidde:

Yes, HDTV does need the TV-Server. As I have problems now with it I am using DVBViewer Pro for watching TV.

Especially for my wife MP has a better GUI than the Vista Media Center - which in my perspective is also surprisingly nice - if you have the needed plugins installed.

And yes: To me Watchdog is Debug-Mode.

bolders

Portal Pro
February 1, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I also get the same problem with RC1 - When I start Media Portal it hangs on "loading window plugins" but in my case CPU usage is at 95% and most of the time it doesnt go any further. The probem goes as soon as i uninstall the tvserver/client. Ive disabled the firewall but no change. It also seems to only happen after ive imported TV channels but i havent really had the time to fully test this. Ive done a fresh install but same problem.

All problems aside i do have to say congrats to the developers tho - the new installer is awsome

Raymond__hi

April 23, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I had a similar problem except that my CPU usage was 0%. I looked at the MP log and it was hanging on the Weather plug in. I disabled it and MP started right up!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I had a similar problem except that my CPU usage was 0%. I looked at the MP log and it was hanging on the Weather plug in. I disabled it and MP started right up!

Fix in tomorrows svn release, link to download on home page.

weather.com changed some settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom