[confirm] - MP crashes or is unable to start TV after hibernation mode

Discussion in '1.6.0 Pre Release' started by Snoopy87, December 11, 2013.

1. Snoopy87

Snoopy87 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +166 / 10
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi,

this happens every day. Not every time, but every second time. With all previous version this does not happen. MP is either crashing while resuming from hibernate or telling me that the live.ts can't be played after clicking on "TV on". Sometimes after resuming from hibernate I hear the audio from TV, but this mustnt happen because TV should be stopped while returning from hibernate. Video is not visible in this case. If I click on TV ON it says that it cant play the live.ts. Restarting MP fixes all those problems until the next hibernate...

Regards,
    Sascha

• Like Like x 1
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. seco
    • Team MediaPortal

seco Development Group

Ratings:
    +1,234 / 4
    Home Country:
    Finland Finland
    Show System Specs
    I wonder if your issues are related to "fix" https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mp1-4070_bug_resuming_from_standby_not_working.120881/

This fix was supposed to address "black screen after resume" issue which I think you reported somewhere. Also I think this is only resume-related change in 1.6.0 pre-release so it would be nice if you could test that test build, which I guess is based 1.5.0 but has the fix, and report if you have problems.

The reason why I call this "fix" is the fact that no one reported that it does any good.

4. seco
    • Team MediaPortal

seco Development Group

Ratings:
    +1,234 / 4
    Home Country:
    Finland Finland
    Show System Specs
    Other option is that some of the Devs is kind enough to provide you a 1.6.0 Pre-build WITHOUT this fix.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sebastiii
    • Team MediaPortal

Sebastiii Development Group

Ratings:
    +10,214 / 9
    Home Country:
    France France
    Show System Specs
    I can try to do that :)
    But @Snoopy87 it could be nice too if you can try by yourself, i know that you are a skilled dev and he will help the team too :)
    We are not much dev and like you can reproduce easily and then you can test quickly :p

I'm not a dev (i mean a good one) but i started to help the team because i want to provide support and best i can try to do but like you are 15 years of DEV, i'm pretty sure that you can do that in few minutes and not like me (and maybe other team dev) hours :)

But i will try to revert the branch if i can take the time to do it (not sure if it will be easy lol)

6. Snoopy87

Snoopy87 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +166 / 10
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    I will look at the GIT project in my vacation on christmas. I was already able to build MP a few month ago but hadn't the time to start with understanding the whole project, because it's very, very huge and if you didn't developed this you open the project in Visual Studio and thinks "wow.... where do I start? What is this for and where do I have to look, if I want to investigate a specific issue" ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  7. BassFan

BassFan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    that's is simple ;)
    Install Original Software of MP so your has all available module Config\Skins and so on.

After that start MediaPortal.sln
    and use Mediaportal as startprojekt.

i'm use it with VST 2012 wihout any Problem.

greets

8. Snoopy87

Snoopy87 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +166 / 10
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    What do you mean with "that's simple" ? I know how to build MP or debug MP, etc. The problem is, that the project is so huge and there are so many files, classes, etc. and there is a lot which is not straight forward during multi-threading, interfaces, events, messages, etc. that it needs a lot of time to understand the whole code. After that it's really simple to debug and fix an issue :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. BassFan

BassFan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The search feature will be your favorite child
    Is no different with me :) :LOL:

greets

10. Sebastiii
    • Team MediaPortal

Sebastiii Development Group

Ratings:
    +10,214 / 9
    Home Country:
    France France
    Show System Specs
    Hi Guys,
    I have supply Installer in PM to Sascha :)
    Let see how it does :p

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  11. markus_g

markus_g Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +55 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Show System Specs
    Hi,
    I can reproduce this only when I hibernate during a recording. If I resume windows and I try to play live TV all I get is a black screen. The only way I can recover is to stop and restart the TV service. When the problem is occurring the computer seems to slow down, if I try to use internet explorer it is very unresponsive. If a recording wasn't occurring when I hibernate all is fine.
    Regards,
    Markus

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!