[confirm] MP crashes or is unable to start TV after hibernation mode (1 Viewer)

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
August 12, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

this happens every day. Not every time, but every second time. With all previous version this does not happen. MP is either crashing while resuming from hibernate or telling me that the live.ts can't be played after clicking on "TV on". Sometimes after resuming from hibernate I hear the audio from TV, but this mustnt happen because TV should be stopped while returning from hibernate. Video is not visible in this case. If I click on TV ON it says that it cant play the live.ts. Restarting MP fixes all those problems until the next hibernate...

Regards,
Sascha

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I wonder if your issues are related to "fix" https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mp1-4070_bug_resuming_from_standby_not_working.120881/

This fix was supposed to address "black screen after resume" issue which I think you reported somewhere. Also I think this is only resume-related change in 1.6.0 pre-release so it would be nice if you could test that test build, which I guess is based 1.5.0 but has the fix, and report if you have problems.

The reason why I call this "fix" is the fact that no one reported that it does any good.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Other option is that some of the Devs is kind enough to provide you a 1.6.0 Pre-build WITHOUT this fix.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I can try to do that :)
    But @Snoopy87 it could be nice too if you can try by yourself, i know that you are a skilled dev and he will help the team too :)
    We are not much dev and like you can reproduce easily and then you can test quickly :p

I'm not a dev (i mean a good one) but i started to help the team because i want to provide support and best i can try to do but like you are 15 years of DEV, i'm pretty sure that you can do that in few minutes and not like me (and maybe other team dev) hours :)

But i will try to revert the branch if i can take the time to do it (not sure if it will be easy lol)

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I will look at the GIT project in my vacation on christmas. I was already able to build MP a few month ago but hadn't the time to start with understanding the whole project, because it's very, very huge and if you didn't developed this you open the project in Visual Studio and thinks "wow.... where do I start? What is this for and where do I have to look, if I want to investigate a specific issue" ;-)

B

BassFan

that's is simple ;)
    Install Original Software of MP so your has all available module Config\Skins and so on.

After that start MediaPortal.sln
    and use Mediaportal as startprojekt.

i'm use it with VST 2012 wihout any Problem.

greets

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What do you mean with "that's simple" ? I know how to build MP or debug MP, etc. The problem is, that the project is so huge and there are so many files, classes, etc. and there is a lot which is not straight forward during multi-threading, interfaces, events, messages, etc. that it needs a lot of time to understand the whole code. After that it's really simple to debug and fix an issue :)

B

BassFan

What do you mean with "that's simple" ? I know how to build MP or debug MP, etc. The problem is, that the project is so huge and there are so many files, classes, etc. and there is a lot which is not straight forward during multi-threading, interfaces, events, messages, etc. that it needs a lot of time to understand the whole code. After that it's really simple to debug and fix an issue :)

The search feature will be your favorite child
    Is no different with me :) :LOL:

greets

markus_g

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2006
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,

this happens every day. Not every time, but every second time. With all previous version this does not happen. MP is either crashing while resuming from hibernate or telling me that the live.ts can't be played after clicking on "TV on". Sometimes after resuming from hibernate I hear the audio from TV, but this mustnt happen because TV should be stopped while returning from hibernate. Video is not visible in this case. If I click on TV ON it says that it cant play the live.ts. Restarting MP fixes all those problems until the next hibernate...

Regards,
    Sascha
    Hi,
    I can reproduce this only when I hibernate during a recording. If I resume windows and I try to play live TV all I get is a black screen. The only way I can recover is to stop and restart the TV service. When the problem is occurring the computer seems to slow down, if I try to use internet explorer it is very unresponsive. If a recording wasn't occurring when I hibernate all is fine.
    Regards,
    Markus

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom