MP crashes sometimes after resume from Standby (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    You have also MySQL issue :
    Code:
    "InnoDB: Cannot create file '.\mptvdb\tvmovieprogram.ibd'
      For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://www.mysql.com.  "
    InnoDB: The file '.\mptvdb\tvmovieprogram.ibd' already exists though the corresponding table did not exist in the InnoDB data dictionary. Have you moved InnoDB .ibd files around without using the SQL commands DISCARD TABLESPACE and IMPORT TABLESPACE, or did mysqld crash in the middle of CREATE TABLE? You can resolve the problem by removing the file '.\mptvdb\tvmovieprogram.ibd' under the 'datadir' of MySQL.  For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://www.mysql.com.

But it looks strange that your mediaportal.log didn't have log timestamp related to 19h37.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Can you tell us step by step what did you do and when the crash occurs, in event app windows log, i didn't find crash related for now :)

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You have also MySQL issue :

But it looks strange that your mediaportal.log didn't have log timestamp related to 19h37.

True. It doesn't have a timestamp on the time of resume from standby - I never found one after those crashes!?
    The last on is from 17:49 whe my son prssed the "on" button and then it went back to standby after no user input. My last usage was 11:xx.

I will look at the mysql error

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi

1) Watched a movie this morning and switched system off.
    2) My son played with the power button and turned it on and it went back to standby after "no user input" - somewhere around 17:00

3)
    I switched the system on at around 19:37. Setup is over an Onkyo 3010 to my Samsung LED TV. So from pressing "on" unitl I have a picture takes 15-20s, in that "booting time" there is no user input.

When i get a picture Mediaportal already is frozen, either the taskbar is visible (which shouldn't be) or mediaportal is out of fullscreen in window mode (rarely). There is no error message or windows event log entry - I just re-checked that.

Maybe a driver is not ready after standby or somethin similar - makes it sense to raise the MP delay? - I have set it to 2 seconds because I once had trouble at booting.

Last edited:

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am very sure this has something to do with video / audio drivers not always beeing ready in time.
    I do have an EDID override due to HDMI handshake issues in my setup resulting in either no audio or no picture. The override has fixed this 100% for the past 6 weeks, however it is still possible that the AMD HDMI Audio might take longer sometime. MP is set to default audio device - does it make sense to set it directly to the AMD HDMI Audio? Onboard Audio is disabled in BIOS.

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ...or mediaportal is out of fullscreen in window mode (rarely).
    Sounds like a typical HDMI handshake issue.

Maybe, but I doubt that because as I wrote I use an EDID override which hast worked 100% for the last 6 weeks. MP crashed only once beeing not in fullscreen and that was yesterday - all other times it was still fullscreen when it crashed but with the taskbar beeing visible.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Maybe, but I doubt that because as I wrote I use an EDID override which hast worked 100% for the last 6 weeks.
    True, our posts crossed each other, but having MP run in windowed mode after resume, indicates to a handshake issue.
    I've been using an EDID override also, but dropped that a long long time ago, since ATi fixed that somewhere in 2012 if i recall correct.

I'm using a HD5670 in my HTPC, onboard audio is disabled in BIOS, only have the ATi HDMI driver installed and my HTPC is connected to my AMP also. I do have a HDMI splitter on the HDMI out of my AMP.

Do you have any useful information in your system logs?

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nope system log is empty.
    Ok even if it was a handshake issue this time there has to be a different problem for the other crashes.
    I for myself can say that I had handshake issues before my override a lot....therefore AMD drives are still not good at the moment.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Maybe a driver is not ready after standby or somethin similar - makes it sense to raise the MP delay?
    I don't think it matters. I'm wondering though what that options really does on resume, since MP is already running.

MP is set to default audio device - does it make sense to set it directly to the AMD HDMI Audio?
    Shouln't matter if you have a 'default device' configured in Windows Control Panel >> Hardware and Sound >> Sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom