MP crashes upon clicking "Search for Images" in Movie Database (1 Viewer)

Juggels

Portal Member
January 12, 2008
TV-Server Version: 1.0 RC1
MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC1 (SVN-Snapshot:-06-07-2008 02-05h - Revision:19311)
MediaPortal Skin: Aeon Wide
Windows Version: Vista 32bit Ultimate Dutch (UAC disabled)

Error description
Ever since I upgraded to 1.0 RC1 I have been experiencing the following...

When I add a new movie to the database it looks up the information on IMDB and searches for an image. Whenever I wouldn't agree with the image I used to press the 'Search for Images' button and it would give me a nice overview of the items that it had found.

Since my upgrade however it keeps on crashing almost instantly after I press the button. The error it returns me is in Dutch so i translated it somewhat. It's about an unhandled exception saying "The path has an invalid format". This has happened to me with all movies so far and it is getting a bit frustrating :( It also doesn't matter if I use a local image or an online image, every time I press the button it happens.

What have I done myself to find the cause:
* Tried different importing engines (both IMDB and MovieMeter),
* Tried deleting the database and starting over, but to no avail,
* Checked all Mediaportal logs, it doesn't write anything in here,
* Checked the windows event log, no record of any crashes here either

The original error message is in the attachment, i hope this helps somehow.

Attachments

• Errormessage.txt
    30.6 KB

Juggels

Portal Member
January 12, 2008
Hmmz some more I tried...

Tried to reinstall MediaPortal RC1 (without any SVN), and the problem persists...

Installed 0.2.3.0, and the problem was gone. Installed RC1 again and the problem returned :(

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    I'm not seeing this here, so not able to confirm. Attach your configuration.log to your post after a crash like that maybe something can lighting it up.

Regards
    Roy

Juggels

Portal Member
    January 12, 2008
    As requested: the configuration.log file... I looked through it and cannot see anything strange, hopefully you can see something...

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Not much in the log, see that you use some 3'rd party plugins so you could try a clean install(copy MediaPortal folders to a safe place, uninstall -> delete MP folder(C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\), you also need to backup/delete MediaPortal user folder(C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\), reboot & reinstall MediaPortal+ latest SVN & test again).
    Gonna test a bit more & see if something shows up here...

Regards
    Roy

Juggels

Portal Member
    January 12, 2008
    Hi,
    Not much in the log, see that you use some 3'rd party plugins so you could try a clean install(copy MediaPortal folders to a safe place, uninstall -> delete MP folder(C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\), you also need to backup/delete MediaPortal user folder(C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\), reboot & reinstall MediaPortal+ latest SVN & test again).
    Gonna test a bit more & see if something shows up here...

Regards
    Roy

Did this a few minutes ago...

Added 'The Matrix' in the video database, and pressed 'look for images' on the coverart tab, the error still appears...

If only those Windows error message were a little less cryptic...

Juggels

Portal Member
    January 12, 2008
    Hooray: progress...

I've opened the sqlite database file while adding a new movie in order to 'debug' a bit myself, and I noticed the following (long story coming):

The steps
    * Open the MP Configuration and open the Movie Database on the 'Editor tab'
    * Select title = 'New...'
    * Change 'New...' to e.g. 'The matrix' and press Lookup
    * Select the movie from the IMDB result box and press OK

* When I now open the VideoDatabaseV5.db3 and open the 'movie' table I can see the newly created record (idmovie=1, idpath=1).
    * When I open the 'path' table, I can see a record for idPath=1, with a strPath of 'unknown' and a cdlabel of 'unknown'

* I now go straight to the 'Coverart' section in the MP Configuration, and press 'Search for Images' (so I have not selected a movie file yet). At this moment my error occurs.

* So far in the database nothing has changed.

* When I now remove the default value under 'Files' in the MP Configuration and press 'Save' I can still see the record with idPath=1 in the database under the 'path' table.

* I now add a movie file to the 'Files' section of the MP Configuration and press 'Save'. I can now see a new record in the 'path' table with idPath=2 and the correct strPath.

* When I press the 'Search for Images' button now the app still gives me the described error.

* I now remove the record in the 'path' table with idPath=1, and press the 'Search for Images' button. Also, in the 'movie' table for this movie, idPath is still set to 1 (instead of what I think should be 2).
    Now i don't see the error anymore, but I see a nice list of results with covers that can be downloaded. When I try to save this movie now however, it disappears because it tries to find idPath=1 in the 'path' table I think.

The conclusion
    I hope this somewhat long story helps you in finding out what could be wrong!

Juggels

Portal Member
    January 12, 2008
    Another update: found myself a workaround by adding the files before saving the movie for the first time, somehow the paths etc are then kept correctly and the error message won't occur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom