MP crashes when Dynamic Refresh Rate kicks in as I start watching movies (1 Viewer)

Jarv

Portal Member
August 9, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
As per the title really, having enabled Dynamic Refresh Rate, as it changes the refresh rate of my card, as the screen returns from it's blank state I am advised that:

Mediaportal.exe has stopped working

The only option on the button is [CLOSE PROGRAM]

The slightly frustrating thing is that the refresh rate has changed, and MP is actually playing the movie flawlessly, except for this error message. When I clear the message, MP shuts down.

I have
An IntelHD GPU.
Windows 7 32bit SP1

I have enabled debug logging and have attached the ZIP it produced, would love to get this sorted. I am a new user of MP so please forgive me if I have overlooked something.

jehe

Portal Pro
February 15, 2011
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hello,

Apparently the mediaportal support team has not seen Your thread,
As far as my knowledge goes, I think you have installed a incompatible plugin.
I would completely uninstall your current version of mediaportal and do a reinstall.

Maybe you could try the latest version of media portal, this version is already quite stable;
https://www.team-mediaportal.com/news/mediaportal-130alpha-released[DOUBLEPOST=1344761502][/DOUBLEPOST]Ps; Welcome to mediaportal

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    There are also different methods of changing the refresh rate, currently you are using the default built in refresh rate changer, but you can configure mediaportal to run an external application/shortcut that will change the refresh rate. ie, you can set it to use catalyst control centre profiles etc etc.

Download this and install it
    http://12noon.com/?p=113

Then you can create the following file in notepad and save as 24hz.bat

"C:\Program Files\12noon Display Changer\dc.exe" -refresh=24
    waitfor copydone /t 2

the 2nd line is just a way of making the batch file pause for 2 seconds before letting mediaportal play the video, this gives time for the refreshrate change to kick in. If you're runing 64bit then the 12noon may be located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\12noon Display Changer\dc.exe" -refresh=24

make another file called 50hz.bat ; 60hz.bat etc etc then have mediaportal run the .bat file to change the refresh rate.

Last edited:

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As per the title really, having enabled Dynamic Refresh Rate, as it changes the refresh rate of my card, as the screen returns from it's blank state I am advised that:

Mediaportal.exe has stopped working

The only option on the button is [CLOSE PROGRAM]

The slightly frustrating thing is that the refresh rate has changed, and MP is actually playing the movie flawlessly, except for this error message. When I clear the message, MP shuts down.

I have
    An IntelHD GPU.
    Windows 7 32bit SP1

I have enabled debug logging and have attached the ZIP it produced, would love to get this sorted. I am a new user of MP so please forgive me if I have overlooked something.

Hello!
    Are you using EventGhost for your remote?
    Maybe this helps: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-after-refresh-rate-change.94835/#post-794567

+ this: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...e-suicideform-in-error-log.87118/#post-727490

There is one more thing which I missed, my MediaPortal shortcut in EventGhost had a zero "working directory". I've changed it to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal and the problem is gone.

Last edited:

jehe

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hello kiwijunglist,

There are also different methods of changing the refresh rate, currently you are using the default built in refresh rate changer, but you can configure mediaportal to run an external application/shortcut that will change the refresh rate. ie, you can set it to use catalyst control centre profiles etc etc.

Download this and install it
    http://12noon.com/?p=113

What are the advantages over the standard refresh rate changer?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    it may be the standard refresh rate changer is causing the crash and using an external program might solve his problem.

Jarv

Portal Member
    August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Awesome, it was event ghost that had maximised the window upon start that was causing the issue, thanks so much Holzi!!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom