MP crashes when i select channel in myTv (1 Viewer)

Eudelfeudel

Portal Member
June 7, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2.0
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: Windows XP Pro, SP3
CPU Type: Intel Atom 330
HDD: 80GB Seagate 2.5"
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard: Intel
Video Card: Intel 82945G
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:

Hi,

i had a TV server running and a fully functional MP client to watch tv. Now i reinstalled the client and myTV isn't working anymore. MP crashes as soon as i select a channel or start the streaming. I did no changes to the tv server. I have this problem with a freshly installed XP Pro (Intel onboard graphic) and an older one (ATI 92xx graphic) which just got a MP client installation. I installed on both clients with an admin user.
I could not find any error message in the log files, neither on the server nor on the client (client logs included).

I tried messing arround with the codecs, installed ffdshow, used VRM, exclusive/not exclusive but the behaviour is not changing at all.

Eudelfeudel

Portal Member
June 7, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
If this is a stupid question and answered in some faq pls point me to it, i can't come up with a solution. I know some other members of this forum who experience similar problems ...

TTGator

Portal Member
October 7, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have a one seat setup, and whenever I try to select a channel to watch it freezes.

I just installed MP yesterday, so I may be missing some simple configuration step. I use an HDHomerun to get signal from an antenna. I went to the TVServer Configuration and see that it detected that. I had it scan for channels and it added the channels. I do have a Schedules Direct account, and tonight I was going to try to add that plugin (Although it seems like it hasn't changed since 2007? Is that right?) But even with no schedule info I should be able to select a channel (with the Enter key on my keyboard) in the Watch TV section of MP right?

EDIT: Hehe... nevermind. I'm pretty sure that what I did was install MP 1.0.2, then the StreamedMP skin for 1.1. With the correct skin (and a reinstall of everything) TV works now. Except it's a squished vertically, but that's probably a config setting somewhere I have to find!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom