MP freezes after clean install MP with Moving Pictures (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The problem was solved for some period. Don't know what caused it, Thougt my HD was too big, so i partioned it. But since yesterday the problem is back. And it's the same as Coen99 says. When movies are checked for media info, the plugin freezes and have to use ctrl-shit-Del to end the task. In MP movies no longer plays. They play again as soon as i disable moving pictures. Replacing mediainfo.dll didn't help either.

One of your movies is corrupt then on the header, or too new for MediaInfo to recognize. Clear out all your log files, launch MediaPortal and let it sit idle. MovingPictures when started will scan all your media files for any missing mediainfo file and will try to rescan the files.

The log file should then reveal the file in question that is causing a problem, so that you can fix the problem with that file, either by fixing the corrupted header or in worst case remove it from your collection.

It's the file that causes MediaInfo to crash that then causes MediaPortal to stop working properly as well because it checks the file to be played with MediaInfo as well, and when that one crashed it is unable to do so bringing the entire system to a hault.

But the log file (in debug mode) will tell you exactly what is going on and which file is the culprit, so you can fix it.

The other solution is to simply disable MediaInfo inside MovingPictures (gear icon option inside MovPic config)

C4tweazle

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks RoChess. That was the problem. There was one file that caused the problem. It wasn't a movie but a dts.wav file. Anyway, removed it and it works like a charm:)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Thanks RoChess. That was the problem. There was one file that caused the problem. It wasn't a movie but a dts.wav file. Anyway, removed it and it works like a charm:)

Please tell me you have a copy of it?

If you can provide that file to the MediaInfo developers, they can find out why their program crashed and fix it, that way it will fix it for the next person as well.

If you don't have a SourceForge account to submit the file/issue, then just attach it on here and I'll take care of it.

Pleeze56

January 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have a similar problem. Since Clean install MediaPortal freezes when trying to play movie from the hard drive (not from DVD) via Moving Pictures. Have installed the MediaInfo.dll file suggested above but this did not help. Also tried to turn off automatic movie database updating to no effect.

Any help on how to resolve this is welcomed. I attach the log file.

Thanks!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I have a similar problem. Since Clean install MediaPortal freezes when trying to play movie from the hard drive (not from DVD) via Moving Pictures. Have installed the MediaInfo.dll file suggested above but this did not help. Also tried to turn off automatic movie database updating to no effect.

Any help on how to resolve this is welcomed. I attach the log file.

You have some errors in log file, even when you are not using the respective plugins/etc that cause the errors, there is no sense keeping them active then either.

They are: HTPC Info, Skin Info and LCD2USB.dll

On a clean install one of the errors indicates an older incompatible version is in use, which should not happen if you installed everything via MPEI, because that method ensures a version check. So looks like you manually restored or installed some parts that can cause issues.

Also considering you have the LCD2USB error, do you by chance have an LCD/VFD display? I've seen somebody on forum figure out that their VFD installed a seperate version of MediaInfo.DLL into registry which would mess with MediaPortal's MediaInfo. So scan your system for presence of other mediainfo.dll and verify no registry entries exist for it, and if that's the case to properly uninstall that app/tool so that the registry entries are removed. That fixed weird problems for the other user, so hopefully thats your issue as well.

Other then that, the log files don't reveal much, so with the 3 plugins disabled you should at least not get an error.log anymore which will make debugging easier if you are able to recreate the issue again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom