MP gets in pause with skip steps (1 Viewer)

Idro

Portal Pro
February 13, 2015
Santa Marinella (Roma)
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hello,

recently I formatted my HTPC and I decided to pass from Windows 8.1 (where I used MP 1.3 version) to Windows 7 pro as operating system.
I installed 1.14 version of MP and follow this guide (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...back-display-calibration.119610/#post-1001630) exactly step by step, what I had done superficially with Win 8.1.

But the problem I have now and I hadn't before, is that when I use skip steps, sometimes (not always) MP put movie in pause and I have to click on play to go on to see my movie (fortunately MP does not crash).

What could it be? Maybe trakt.tv plugin? This is the only plugin I had not installed before, since I noticed that during playback on MP, on trakt.tv site I have the playback progress, so maybe the pause is due to th sync between MP and trakt.tv?

Or could it be another issue?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Post a full set of logs after a crash and we can go from there.

Idro

Portal Pro
    February 13, 2015
    Santa Marinella (Roma)
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hello,

I collected the logs you need.
    During the collecting I reproduced the issue two times: the first one on the forward steps and the second one on rewind steps.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I cant see any evidence of a crash in the logs (at least in English) so I doubt it has anything to do with Trakt, you can disable it from plugins to confirm but I see nothing to indicate there is an issue.

I do see an error related to MiniDisplay, you could try disable that to see if issue goes a way.
    Code:
    [2016-05-11 23:36:44,867] [Error  ] [MPMain  ] [ERROR] - MiniDisplay:Error while loading driver C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\process\LCDDrivers\LCD2USB.dll: Impossibile caricare la DLL 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\process\LCDDrivers\LCD2USB.dll': Impossibile trovare il modulo specificato. (Eccezione da HRESULT: 0x8007007E).

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I do see an error related to MiniDisplay, you could try disable that to see if issue goes a way.
    This error can be safely ignored. It's been there for years now...

I collected the logs you Need.
    Unfortunately they are in INFO mode, but "Debug" is required for more details to be visible. You could launch MePo by using the WatchDog tool and chosing the option "Report an issue to MP team". This way additional plugins that you may have istalled are dectivated, which excludes a potential source of error. Try to reproduce the phenomenon, then close MP and uplaod the zip file that will have been created on your desktop.

Idro

Portal Pro
    February 13, 2015
    Santa Marinella (Roma)
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I noticed that if I disable MediaPortal audio renderer and choose the coupled audio TV Philips-nvidia high defition audio, the issue disappears

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unfortunately the MediaPortal Audio Renderer suffers from some drawbacks and its use is not recommended.

You can also use the LAV renderer, depending on your decoding needs.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Kiwijunglist has certainly his own view about his guide. I did look into it myself in the past and found it to not really apply to my own situation. Whatz I an say for sure though is that the use of MPAR is not recommended since it brings some instability in specific situation

I am using the Default Direct Sound Device as audio renderer, which I have found to work in all my hardware setups. This combined with either LAV or the MS-DTV works best for me.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I think the answer depends who you ask and what content and setup they have. When it works, in theory it does produce better results than a regular DirectSound renderer. The problem is that there are some situations when it doesn't work. Most often I've seen reports of trouble with TV, but I suppose there are sure to be other situations as well. In my opinion the choice about whether to use it or not depends on personal choice and results. If it causes problems for you then it's obvious that you shouldn't use it; on the other hand if it improves video smoothness by reducing judder, dropped frames etc. without side-effects then there's every reason to use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom