MP goes jerky but sound OK (1 Viewer)

hucknallred

Portal Pro
February 21, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
OK, it's been a long weekend, have rebuilt my HTPC with Nvidia graphics after not getting on with AMD...
Anyway all seemed well but I get random video jerkiness & general slowdown of MP. Killing & restarting seems to fix it, I'm sure it must be something obvious. I'll have a play with different codecs tomorrow as I must sleep now, but thought I'd put up my logs anyway, any help appreciated, I love MediaPorta & hope to sort this niggle out.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Could just be the thumbnail creation of your recorded TV... this is a CPU hog. You could try and disable it from MediaPortal Configuration just to test it.

hucknallred

Portal Pro
    February 21, 2012
    Home Country
    Could just be the thumbnail creation of your recorded TV... this is a CPU hog. You could try and disable it from MediaPortal Configuration just to test it.

Will try that, I have a meatier Phenom Processor that will go in my board, I'll throw that in too. Will report back later.

hucknallred

Portal Pro
    February 21, 2012
    Home Country
    Seems it was a bit of clutter blocking the vent of my PC case :eek: things were getting hot when video was being rendered. Some other problems have popped up though, will post new thread if required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom