MP hangs after suspend or TV off (1 Viewer)

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    EDIT: Forget... I found what's happening. :)

peque

• Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Sorry for the delay.

I've applied your installer and all seems good. No regressions and quite stable after trying to crash MP zapping, playing some films, again zapping, powering off-on avr an so... So it's Ok for me.

Now about those "not quite clean" transitions that I reported some posts ago... after using the installer I must say that all transitions are Ok but one: when you zap between channels of different tv cards. Description of what happens when you press the button to zap:

1.20 stock: simply a black screen with no sound till new card has tuned the new channel. Then it plays. So far so good.
    1.21 pre: black screen... then, when it seems that the new channel has been tuned, MP plays the sound of the "old" channel for 2 or 3 seconds, then you start watching and hearing the new channel.

It's NOT a serious problem... but it's not a clean zapping. I attach logs of that zapping with the two versions. Hope you can see something.

Attachments

• MP1.20.zip
      174.4 KB
    • MP1.21pre.zip
      146.3 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Good find :)
    You are right, there is an issue introduced and fixed in master code from this morning :)
    I can try to merge the fix into this branch for you to test :)

peque

• Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    If you want me to test then ok. If not, I can live with it till there's some official build.

Enviado desde mi Pixel mediante Tapatalk

peque

• Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Installed and running perfect. No more weird zapping.

Thanks a lot Sebastiii. Now I can center my efforts in start using madVR... We'll see there. :)

Enviado desde mi Pixel mediante Tapatalk

peque

• Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    After some days of stability, yesterday my daughter told me she couldn't view TV... When I arrived the living room I saw a message in the screen "impossible to play: codec bla bla bla". I couldn't play live TV nor recorded TV. Any other videos played fine. I remember to have had this problem some years ago quite often till it was fixed somehow (too many years, I don't remember the details).

I attach the errors I found. The weird thing is that a MP restart didn't fix it, and I had to restart entire HTPC. Initially I though it was a TV server problem because of this, but the attached errors are from MP itself.

I can't reproduce it when I want, sorry.

Attachments

• MediaPortal-Error.3.log
      5.8 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)
    It seems MP failed to add the audio renderer and lead to a null reference. Not sure why :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom