[confirm] MP hangs when starting certain .ts files (1 Viewer)

dhasselqvist

November 20, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi,
dhasselqvist, the ts file you uploaded will be used for further debugging(yes thumbs it's created if they do not exist & not blacklisted, in your ts file it freeze on load), just need some help from a developer to figure out why this completely stops there & we can see it in debug mode in Visual Studio & break mode, so will figure it out in the end ;)

Regards
Roy

Did you manage to get any further with this error? I just tried 1.1.0 final and still have the same hanging. It happens with several recordings so I would be very glad if you can crack it. Is there any work-around I can use in the mean time? Can I prevent MP from creating the thumbs? I rather watch the recordings than having thumbs created.

Perhaps this bug should be added to mantis to keep track of the progress and notify other users that might have the same issue.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    dhasselqvist, nope not yet. It wasn't the thumb but mediainfo reading which stops it, not sure if anyone have had time yet to upload the sample to those making mediainfo(been working to much in private life so not much time to MP lately)....

Regards
    Roy

dhasselqvist

November 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Is it possible for me to download the latest MediaInfo.dll and just replace this in my MP folder or will this possibly create other problems?

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    In reading the changelog for MP 1.1.Final they are using 0.7.34 in the release. You could do as you say but they'd be the exact same file! IF it's a Mediainfo.dll issue they got elevated to those guys then there is still an issue in Mediainfo with your file... read the ticket referenced in this post where I was inquiring about whether the ATSC issue was being addressed and/or finalized - seems the files your tuner is creating have an issue as well.

Did you try UNchecking the 'create thumbnails' yet? Does that help at all? Of course, whether a thumbnail is created and/or available shouldn't effect Mediainfo's performance but doing so would simplify the debugging.

dhasselqvist

November 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Did you try UNchecking the 'create thumbnails' yet? Does that help at all? Of course, whether a thumbnail is created and/or available shouldn't effect Mediainfo's performance but doing so would simplify the debugging.

Yes I tried today with unchecking the auto-create thumbnails option under general settings. It did not help.

Earlier today I also downloaded the stand-alone MediaInfo application (the GUI) version 0.7.34 and it also hangs when loading the same .ts file. So it seems indeed that this is a issue with the MediaInfo code.

I will issue a bug report directly to the MediaInfo team on sourceforge and we will see what they can do about it. I will keep this thread updated with any response from the MediaInfo team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom