MP reduces Wave volume in Volume Control on exit (1 Viewer)

Zeffer

April 29, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi I'm running MP 0.2.3 RC2 with SVN 02-03-Rev16149 on an MCE 2005 SP2 HTPC.

When I shut down MP it reduces the Wave sound volume in the main Windows Volume Control to nearly zero. I have to go into the Volume Control and reset the Wave volume slider. In the config app I have the audio set to Master, not wave.
I've done a search of all forums w/o success. I hope I'm not duplicating this topic.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.:
Thanks
S

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I was going to suggest checking the audio optons, but I can see you have already done that.

I've never heard o anything like this before sorry, so can't give any more help.
    At least you know that it seems to be a pretty isolated fault and you are not reposting.

Do the log files show anything? mediaporta/log
    also, does this happen if you just open MP and then immediately close it or only if you have been playing video files or something? There may be a way to isolate the issue more by doing a bit of experimentation.

Zeffer

April 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I just tried some experimentation. If I start the app and then shut it down w/o launching the TV - no problem.
    If I launch the app turn TV and then minimize to tray and then exit it kills the wave sound, ie slider is at bottom setting.
    Lastly if I launch app, watch TV, turn off TV, then minimize to tray and exit sound is fine.

I'll check the log tomorrow its getting late.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    heheh, good luck. it sounds like one of those really horrible windows issues that is so tricky and then turns out to be something so simple but impossible to guess at :)

Can you try with different codecs? there may be some trick with the one you use.
    Aslo, try the same tests with video, not TV and post the results back.

lowcrust

Portal Member
    January 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I have the same or a similar problem. Would it be possible to have MP act like WinAmp or Media Player Classic where they have their own volume setting and not using the wave slider?

The TV volume is really loud in MP so when I adjust that and later uses Windows I have to go into the Volume Control Panel and rise the sound every time. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

lowcrust

Portal Member
    January 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Anybody know if this is a major coding nightmare or if it would be possible to implement?

otonio

October 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Argentina Argentina
    i am having exactly the same problem with winamp.
    when i open winamp, and exit without doing anything, nothing strange happens. but if i open winamp, play a song, then exit, the wave volume level lowers significantly and i have to manually reset it.
    i have an asus motherboard, and drivers are up to date...

ccna55

Portal Member
    June 16, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Try using ffdshow codec there is an amplification option to adjust volume level up and down.
    If u need more info let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom