MP stopped playing dvr-ms files (1 Viewer)

frietkot

Portal Member
January 1, 2006
Talos: I have the patience of a May fly? Luckely I am not easly offended.
Mate, I had been working for over 5 days to resolve this problem. I did everything reasonable, uninstalling MP, Re-installing MP, uninstalling decoders,re-installing decoders etc..., etc... Everytime the same error.

Now I finally have solved the problem.

How? I have downloaded the newest version of FFDshow, after installing, everything worked again? No explanation for what could have happened though. It worked fine with version 1.3 and then suddenly, gone with the wind.

About your suggestion to buy software, I have been a Windows Media Centre junkie for over a year, so I am pretty allright there. Runs like a Porsche.

The reason I installed MP on my second rig was that I do not want to pirate my own MCE software on my second rig. Maybe I am a fool not to do so.

I am also I dedicated Australian Media centre forum participant, trying to help anyone with problems. So I was a bit annoyed that only Califfo showed up to give me a helping hand.

Also I like a challenge. MP starts looking better and better, fewer bugs, fewer problems, there are some issues though that have to be addressed.

But that also goes for Windows MCE.

But: no hard feelings mate!

He Califfo,

I see you live in Adelaide. I live in Melbourne, I participate a lot in the Australian Media centre site, like I said before.
Thanks for your suggestions.

Frietkot

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    frietkot, you have to admit you came across pretty badly. When using free, open source software that is in such a beta state you can't exactly get upset when more than one volunteer doesn't respond to your question within one day.

We get a lot of that sort of thing here and all it does is make the devs lose the will to donate their time to this project (we lost a very good one a couple of weeks ago due to exactly this type of thing).

Your last post was much more reasonable, so I guess you were just very frustrated.

Thanks for posting the solution to your problems too. Hopefully it will help someone else in the future. Not sure why you had the problem though, I've not heard of any one else with it.

talos

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2004
    UK
    Freitkot - thanks for posting back with your solution. You've obviously got more patience than I gave you credit for, so I take it back - you don't have the patience of a may fly. A fruit fly maybe (nah - I'm only kidding! :D )
    Funnily enough, installing the latest version of ffdshow sorted out a couple of minor issues I had, but they were nowhere near as problematic as yours so I didn't suggest that.
    Anyway, glad to see you stuck it through and have a working system. You're obviously the kind of diligent problem solver that this forum would benefit from.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    frietkot said:
    Now I finally have solved the problem.

How? I have downloaded the newest version of FFDshow, after installing, everything worked again? No explanation for what could have happened though. It worked fine with version 1.3 and then suddenly, gone with the wind.

When you were having the problems was FFDShow installed and updating fixed it or did you install it and then it started working properly?

frietkot

Portal Member
    January 1, 2006
    Hi Callifo,

FFD show was installed all the time since I have started using MP 1.3.
    I updated FFDshow about 2 months ago. Then suddenly, everything went wrong.

Off topic but since you live in Australia< I saw the new Tevion tv tuner for sale, this thursday at Aldi's. How is the scanning of the channels working in Ozzie with MP 2? Is the Tevion going to work with MP?

frietkot

Portal Member
    January 1, 2006
    He Marcusb,

Me frustrated, after 5 days of tinkering? :shock:

:)

The problem started with version 1.3, that's why I have downloaded version 2 rc 2.

The people putting this software together deserve the utmost respect.
    I would be the last to deny them this respect.

Maybe one day we (I mean the Melbournian MP's), oops, Adelaide is welcome to,
    Regards, should have an MP Ozzie meeting or so, always goog to exchange ideas, experiences etc...

Regards,
    FK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom