[Evaluate] MP Tray extended - monitors and audio devices switch (using remote) (2 Viewers)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    MP Window Minimized =/= MP minimized to system tray

Goto MP Config -> General Settings -> [X] Enable Close to tray on exit. Save changes & Exit MP Config.

Start MP. Press ALT+F4. MP should now be inside the system tray. Now Press MCE button, MP still in tray.

PS> If it is no longer in the tray you may have in-advertantly fixed this with your modification of MPTray.exe

Last edited:

yoavain

Extension Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    MP Window Minimized =/= MP minimized to system tray

Goto MP Config -> General Settings -> [X] Enable Close to tray on exit. Save changes & Exit MP Config.

Start MP. Press ALT+F4. MP should now be inside the system tray. Now Press MCE button, MP still in tray.

PS> If it is no longer in the tray you may have in-advertantly fixed this with your modification of MPTray.exe

This is how it's configured for me, and it works for me. When I press the MCE button, MP restored from the tray to full screen.
    I was actually referring to the remote control configuration in MP. Maybe something else is configured to happen when pressing the MCE button. But I'm just guessing here...

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It's been like this for a while now, Have you tried with the non modified mptray. I have my own work around using autohotkey.

yoavain

Extension Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    It's been like this for a while now, Have you tried with the non modified mptray. I have my own work around using autohotkey.

No, haven't used the non modified MPTray for years... I guess your question should be directed to one of the devs then...

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It's already listed as an issue with mp tray. I only mentioned it here as a feature request, but it looks like you have inadvertently solved this problem.

Charline

Portal Member
    September 1, 2012
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    is there an updated version I want to use it in windows 8 and 7 how do i install it i still use mediacenter so i cant use the mce button i just want to be able to switch my monitor and tv and the audio
    thanks

yoavain

Extension Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    is there an updated version I want to use it in windows 8 and 7 how do i install it i still use mediacenter so i cant use the mce button i just want to be able to switch my monitor and tv and the audio
    thanks

I never released it publicly. Only the code.
    I compile it for every new version, and use it regularly at home.
    I offered this to the developers but most of them voted against it.
    They offered an alternative called eventghost.

Regards,
    Yoav

Charline

Portal Member
    September 1, 2012
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Your solution looks simple Event ghost looks complicated and isn't in the supported by Mp v1.5 box and i wouldn't know where to start setting it up

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom