1.12.0 MP tray & Windows 10 (2 Viewers)

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    MP tray issue - just tested on second PC upgraded from W7 (x64) to W10 (x64) and I got same issue with MP tray -> it starts up MP by green button via media portal only one time, next time it does not (even I change the USB port -> remote is working fine (e.g volume is working) but green button does not start MP, just PC restart helps (but than the green button start up MP just one time, not more).

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP tray issue - just tested on second PC upgraded from W7 (x64) to W10 (x64) and I got same issue with MP tray -> it starts up MP by green button via media portal only one time, next time it does not (even I change the USB port -> remote is working fine (e.g volume is working) but green button does not start MP, just PC restart helps (but than the green button start up MP just one time, not more).
    An app needs special capabilities to be able to manage other applications. We would need to get MP tray signed for it to work proper.

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    An app needs special capabilities to be able to manage other applications. We would need to get MP tray signed for it to work proper.
    Why then green button starts MP just one time? It would mean apps can start MP, but only once...

Did anyone manage to get Sharp Display Manager working for the purpose of launching MP using Green Button?
    I was trying, but I was not succesful with installation, I will try it today again and let you know.[DOUBLEPOST=1438930619][/DOUBLEPOST]One note - after W10 upgade on second PC I downloaded all W10 drivers for specific motherboard (USB integrated on MB) and I updated all drivers from MB supplier, it did not help....

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Why then green button starts MP just one time? It would mean apps can start MP, but only once...
    Windows typically let's apps do this kind of thing every so often unless its signed.
    So it will work once, then it will only work again if you wait long enough. Not sure how long.
    That is usually good enough for common green button usage.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I was trying, but I was not succesful with installation, I will try it today again and let you know.

Weird, I had that stuff working on W10 TechPreview. Don't bother then, it probably needs fixing. It should not do a better job than MP Tray anyway.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Maybe MP stay started in background but hidden and then MPTray can't start it again but i should see this in log.
    Could you retry to start MP with MPTray (Green button) after the first fresh OS started and then close MP and Green Button and post log ? (Debug log)
    Maybe we could see something in log :)

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Windows typically let's apps do this kind of thing every so often unless its signed.
    So it will work once, then it will only work again if you wait long enough. Not sure how long.
    That is usually good enough for common green button usage.
    But in my case of Win7 I did not have problem to start up MP by green button, then to close MP and start MP by green button again etc. without any issue and I did not have to wait, it was working perfectly... Does it mean it (no idea exactly what:)) did not have to be signed in Win7, but it has to be in W10?

Why it works fine for Sebastii in case he upgraded from Win8 to Win10 -> Sebastii can you check in your case if you have to wait some time to start up MP by green button if you do this more then one time, please?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I'm not @ home right now but i didn't notice an issue but maybe a delay between start :)
    In task manager (after closing MP) can you see if MP stay in background, i remember that some option in config lead to MP stay a while (i don't remember what setting) but it can stay 1 minute (it's long).

I will try to find the option by looking @ the setting :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom