MP TV just stopped working (1 Viewer)

mores369

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 4, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    So, my Mediaportal setup has been super stable for months and months. I couldn't have been happier. Wednesday, everything worked fine. Thursday, everything worked fine. Friday, I noticed it didn't record a show. When I looked into it on Sunday, it seems like the tuners just stopped working. I tried removing all of the channels and re-adding them (which has worked before). This time, nothing. It just says "unknown error occured".
    I can watch TV using HDHomeRun Viewer, so I know the signal is getting into my house.
    Any assistance would be super useful.
    Thanks, guys! Log files attached.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello :)

Just wanted to let you know I'm looking at your log files now. They only go as far back as Sunday so I can't see what happened on Friday... but hang tight and I'll see if I can figure out what is wrong now.

Regards,
    mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, let's start with your latest scan. It seems to be perfectly successful, so that's positive. :)
    So, there's probably no sense in deleting and rescanning channels again.

Immediately after the scan I see you tried to tune "603 WISCDT". The SD plugin created that channel (along with a few others) shortly before the scan:
    [collapse]
    [2015-10-11 14:11:14,010] [Log ] [SchedulesDirect EPG Client] [INFO ] - Added channel 617 WMSNDT [id=2261 xmlid=34518.617.schedulesdirect.org]
    [2015-10-11 14:11:14,077] [Log ] [SchedulesDirect EPG Client] [INFO ] - Added channel 603 WISCDT [id=2262 xmlid=25124.603.schedulesdirect.org]
    [2015-10-11 14:11:14,127] [Log ] [SchedulesDirect EPG Client] [INFO ] - Added channel 615 WMTVDT [id=2263 xmlid=26143.615.schedulesdirect.org]
    [2015-10-11 14:11:14,177] [Log ] [SchedulesDirect EPG Client] [INFO ] - Added channel 616 WBUWDT [id=2264 xmlid=45563.616.schedulesdirect.org]
    [2015-10-11 14:11:14,227] [Log ] [SchedulesDirect EPG Client] [INFO ] - Added channel 607 WKOWDT [id=2265 xmlid=19632.607.schedulesdirect.org]
    [2015-10-11 14:11:14,277] [Log ] [SchedulesDirect EPG Client] [INFO ] - Added channel 600 WHADT [id=2266 xmlid=30504.600.schedulesdirect.org][/collapse]

Channels created by the SD plugin are intended to work with analog tuners and capture cards, which is why "603 WISCDT" didn't work when you tried it.

Following that I see you try a bunch of regular cable channels. The pattern seems to be the same every time.

First tuner (ID = 5) fails to tune with this error:
    [collapse]
    [2015-10-11 14:27:09,678] [Log ] [28 ] [DEBUG] - DRI CC: tuning...
    [2015-10-11 14:27:09,690] [Log ] [28 ] [INFO ] - DRI CC: tuning failed, removing subchannel
    [2015-10-11 14:27:09,691] [Log ] [28 ] [ERROR] - Exception :UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.UPnPException: Error invoking action 'SetChannel' ---> UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.UPnPRemoteException: Tuner In Use
    at UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.DeviceTree.CpAction.AsyncActionCallResult.GetOutParams()
    at UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.DeviceTree.CpAction.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult result)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.DeviceTree.CpAction.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult result)
    at UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.DeviceTree.CpAction.InvokeAction(IList`1 inParameters)
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.Dri.Service.CasService.SetChannel(Nullable`1 newChannelNumber, Nullable`1 newSourceId, DriCasCaptureMode newCaptureMode, Boolean& pcrLockStatus)
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.Dri.TunerDri.SubmitTuneRequest(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel, ITuneRequest tuneRequest, Boolean performTune)
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.DoTune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel, Boolean ignorePMT)
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardATSC.Tune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)[/collapse]

I can only assume that error is reported because that tuner is being used by external software, because the message "tuner in use" comes directly from the PRIME itself. If my assumption is wrong, try power-cycling the PRIME. That should free up all the tuners.

The other 2 tuners both tune successfull but fail to start streaming with this error:
    [collapse]
    [2015-10-11 14:27:13,650] [Log ] [28 ] [INFO ] - dvb: RunGraph
    [2015-10-11 14:27:15,605] [Log ] [28 ] [INFO ] - dvb: RunGraph returns: 0xFFFFFFEC
    [2015-10-11 14:27:15,635] [Log ] [28 ] [INFO ] - tvcard:FreeSubChannel: subchannels count 1 subch#0
    [2015-10-11 14:27:15,635] [Log ] [28 ] [INFO ] - DVB subch:0 Decompose()
    [2015-10-11 14:27:15,636] [Log ] [28 ] [INFO ] - FreeSubChannel CA: freeing sub channel : 0
    [2015-10-11 14:27:15,636] [Log ] [28 ] [INFO ] - tvcard:FreeSubChannel : no subchannels present, pausing graph
    [2015-10-11 14:27:15,655] [Log ] [28 ] [INFO ] - dvb:confused:topGraph called
    [2015-10-11 14:27:15,656] [Log ] [28 ] [INFO ] - tvcard:FreeAllSubChannels
    [2015-10-11 14:27:15,656] [Log ] [28 ] [INFO ] - dvb:confused:topGraph filterstate already stopped, returning.
    [2015-10-11 14:27:15,656] [Log ] [28 ] [ERROR] - Exception :TvLibrary.TvException: Unable to start graph
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.RunGraph(Int32 subChannel)
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.DoTune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel, Boolean ignorePMT)
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardATSC.Tune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)[/collapse]

The key information is the error code 0xFFFFFFEC. That error code is coming from the IPTV source component, which is the component responsible for receiving the stream from the tuner. Actually, to be fully and technically correct: it is coming from the URL source splitter which is OnlineVideos' replacement for the standard IPTV source.

After two's compliment conversion (0xffffffec => -20), I think I found the error code here:
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...UrlSourceSplitter_Interfaces/ErrorCodes.h#L60

I have no idea exactly what it means, but my first question to you would be: did you install or update the OnlineVideos plugin on Thursday or Friday?

If so, I suspect that change is the cause of your woes. Either way, we're going to need help from @georgius to understand exactly what the error code means and what you can do to fix it.

mores369

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 4, 2012
    Home Country
    I was racking my brain to figure out what changed between Thursday and Friday. I updated PlayOn and a few other programs, and yes, I did run the extension page and found an update for OnlineVideos. I don't even use OnlineVideos. I'll try deleting it and seeing if that helps after my son goes to bed. Thanks again.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    and yes, I did run the extension page and found an update for OnlineVideos. I don't even use OnlineVideos.
    Oh dear! You broke the cardinal rule for HTPCs - don't mess with a working system unless you absolutely have to. :D

I'll try deleting it and seeing if that helps after my son goes to bed.
    I don't think that course of actions is advisable.

Removing OnlineVideos and thereby rolling back to the standard IPTV source is a significant change which has the distinct probability of introducing other problems.

If you knew which version of "OnlineVideos" (or "MediaPortal IPTV filter and url source splitter") you were previously using I'd probably advise to roll back to that version. If not, my advice would be to wait for a comment from georgius.

mores369

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 4, 2012
    Home Country
    I tried rolling back to the two previous OnlineVideos versions, but neither seemed to fix the problem. So, instead I removed theOnlineVideos and MediaPortal IPTV... plugins and everything seems to work just fine now. Thanks for your help, and I'll wait to see georgius thinks about it.
    Thanks a million!

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    I'm only guessing, because relevant stream data cannot be obtained. I check the same time range as in TV service log and found that RTSP stream is comming - within 2 seconds approx. 3 MB. Because RTSP protocol implementation did not log guess about total stream length (it's only guess, because total stream length is unknown), I think that stream is without increasing timestamps. These timestamps are critical for splitting stream into fragments, which are later processed.

I'll try to make testing filter version with necesssary procedures to prove my guess.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @georgius

Thank you for the answer... but honestly, I don't understand what you're saying. :)

Because RTSP protocol implementation did not log guess about total stream length (it's only guess, because total stream length is unknown)
    It is a live stream (CableCARD tuner), so there is no "total stream length".

I think that stream is without increasing timestamps. These timestamps are critical for splitting stream into fragments, which are later processed.
    RTP timestamps or...??? :confused:

I would have thought that in this case the filter should just send the required RTSP commands (which it is doing), receive the RTP stream, remove the framing, and pass the MPEG 2 TS data to the output pin. No need for modifications or checking timestamps. Demuxing is TsReader's job.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Because RTSP protocol implementation did not log guess about total stream length (it's only guess, because total stream length is unknown)
    It is a live stream (CableCARD tuner), so there is no "total stream length".
    Even live stream has total stream length, but it's guessed by currently downloaded stream length. Total stream length and currently downloaded stream length is used at least in OV to show user, where is your playback position within stream. And also calculation of guess of total stream length can be used as sign of properly working protocol part. If it is not increasing, there is surely some problem (except HTTP stream with known total length - but tthis is not case of live stream).

I think that stream is without increasing timestamps. These timestamps are critical for splitting stream into fragments, which are later processed.
    RTP timestamps or...??? :confused:
    Yes, RTP timestamps have to be increasing.

The smallest part of stream, which can be processed by filter, is "fragment". Some streams are fragmented naturally (like Adobe streams from F4M manifest, Microsoft streams or Apple streams from M3U8 playlists). All other streams must be fragmented to work with filter. E.g. in HTTP stream is fragmentation based on received data - each received part of data is considered as fragment, in RTSP is fragmentation based on RTP timestamps. So, if RTP timestamps are not changing, then protocol thinks that fragment is not already downloaded and cannot be sent for further processing in filter.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    I tried rolling back to the two previous OnlineVideos versions, but neither seemed to fix the problem. So, instead I removed theOnlineVideos and MediaPortal IPTV... plugins and everything seems to work just fine now. Thanks for your help, and I'll wait to see georgius thinks about it.
    Thanks a million!
    I prepared special filter build to dump stream data. Please, install attached plugin and try to watch TV or scan channel. One or two channels are sufficient. Then attach complete MP logs. After that you should unistall special filter build - at least for reason, that filter is dumping data into TV service log folder.

Attachments

• MediaPortalUrlSourceSplitter2.2.6.5752.mpe1
      5.8 MB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom