MP tv recording not working (1 Viewer)

ChrisSEOhio

January 17, 2017
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Media portal TV recording was working a week ago and no longer works. Live TV can be watched but if I try to record live or set a timer for the future, it creates the timer but never records. When I reboot computer from Kodi, it says are you sure you want to reboot because the timer will start in 35 million minutes. The MP and Codi date and times match my computer date and time. I did go into MP TV server configuration and noticed when I click on "schedules" the screen stays on previously selected option (schedules screen does not appear). Any ideas what happened in the last week and how to correct?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Chris

Any ideas what happened in the last week and how to correct?
    What you said about the schedules screen not appearing suggests that KODI might have managed to create a broken schedule, and that broken schedule is preventing TV Server from recording anything else. If my guess is correct (you ought to provide log files so that the guess can be confirmed), the only way to correct the situation would be to delete the broken schedule. You obviously can't do that through TV Server Configuration because the schedule screen doesn't show up. Perhaps you'll be able to do it through KODI, I don't know.

Regards,
    mm

ChrisSEOhio

January 17, 2017
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I posted the logs. I do not think it is strictly a problem with Kodi because I opened media portal itself and tried to record a show and it also doesn't record. Thanks for the reply.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I posted the logs.
    Thanks (y)

It's as I predicted. The log files show that a bad schedule has broken TV Server's ability to record:
    [collapse]
    [2017-01-20 20:56:34,477] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [INFO ] - scheduler: SchedulerWorker inner exception System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at TvService.Scheduler.IsTimeToRecordEveryTimeOnThisChannel(Schedule schedule, DateTime currentTime)
    at TvService.Scheduler.IsTimeToRecord(Schedule schedule, DateTime currentTime, RecordingDetail& newRecording)
    at TvService.Scheduler.StartAnyDueRecordings()
    at TvService.Scheduler.DoScheduleWork()
    at TvService.Scheduler.SchedulerWorker()[/collapse]

I do not think it is strictly a problem with Kodi...
    You're right. As I tried to explain, the problem resides in TV Server (which is why it affects both MediaPortal and KODI), but KODI has created the problem by enabling you to create a broken schedule (which is not possible in MediaPortal).

Like I said in my previous reply, the only way you're going to be able to fix this is by deleting the broken schedule. Hopefully you'll be able to do that through KODI.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just to add...
    I can see KODI created the broken schedule here:
    [2017-01-11 20:53:46,291] [Log ] [4 ] [DEBUG] - TVServerKodi: Handling command: AddSchedule

...and that's when the problem starts:
    [collapse]
    [2017-01-11 20:53:46,493] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [INFO ] - scheduler: SchedulerWorker inner exception System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at TvService.Scheduler.IsTimeToRecordEveryTimeOnThisChannel(Schedule schedule, DateTime currentTime)
    at TvService.Scheduler.IsTimeToRecord(Schedule schedule, DateTime currentTime, RecordingDetail& newRecording)
    at TvService.Scheduler.StartAnyDueRecordings()
    at TvService.Scheduler.DoScheduleWork()
    at TvService.Scheduler.SchedulerWorker()[/collapse]

Perhaps the date/time (almost 9PM on 11 January) help you to narrow down which schedule you need to delete.

didsbury

July 26, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have this problem also. However no schedules are shown.
    System Info: PVR Service shows one upcoming recording.
    Any ideas how to solve this?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @didsbury
    It's going to be difficult to help you without more information.

However no schedules are shown.
    Where are you looking?
    In TV Server Configuration, or MediaPortal, or perhaps somewhere else...?

System Info: PVR Service shows one upcoming recording.
    What's "PVR Service"? Never heard of that. :confused:

Any ideas how to solve this?
    Sorry, not yet. Still trying to understand the problem. As indicated above: more information will be required. Screenshots, log files and more detail would be helpful.

didsbury

July 26, 2015
    Home Country
    Sorry about the vague request.

I am running Kodi with MediaPortal as the back end for TV. About a month ago recordings stopped. All TV channels are viewable as before and timers appear to work, but nothing is recorded.
    The System info from Kodi (see attachment) shows there is one upcoming recording, but neither Kodi or MediaPortal show this. I cannot view schedules in TV Server Configuration.

Attachments

• screenshot.png
      screenshot.png
      782.8 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Right, so it really is the same problem reported by Chris. The KODI plugin really needs to be fixed so it won't screw up anybody else's installs by creating these invalid schedules. Please could you report this to the relevant plugin developer (margro?) on the KODI forum.

In the meantime, as per my earlier responses to Chris: the solution to the problem is to delete the invalid schedule(s).

You won't be able to solve the problem through TV Server Configuration because as you've seen, TV Server Configuration's schedule list screen is unable to display the schedule list when the list includes an invalid schedule. Therefore your first port of call should be to try to delete the schedule(s) through KODI. I've never used KODI, so I'm unable to tell you how (or if it's even possible) to do this. Sorry I can't be more helpful on that front.

As a last resort, your only other option is to manually delete the schedule(s) from the TV Server database. This would be somewhat technical, but you could try the instructions here:
    TVSERVER service crashing constantly

didsbury

July 26, 2015
    Home Country
    Thank you vey much:
    As a last resort, your only other option is to manually delete the schedule(s) from the TV Server database. This would be somewhat technical, but you could try the instructions here:
    TVSERVER service crashing constantly
    Having followed your instructions, I am now able to record again.

Cheers

Kieran

p.s. I shall report this plugin problem to the author.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom