MP TV-Series Thumbnail Updater .78 Released! (1 Viewer)

Weeji

Portal Member
March 14, 2009
1.) Put ifo in the box on the left and you won't have to go into the configuration to change anything. It will automatically make it ".jpg"
2.) I just used the program on a .vob file, and it worked just fine. Make sure that you have your video directory set in the second browse box, and it will automatically create the thumbs from your .vobs.

vidfolder-1.png

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Sorry still no joy.

This was done on the HTPC with the TV Series files on a local drive. The jpg's appear to have been created, The jpg file was ignored and the Video_TS.IFO was added to the database, The IFO files are listed as the thumb in the updater list.

Chuck

Attachments

• updater result.png
      updater result.png
      943.3 KB

Weeji

Portal Member
    March 14, 2009
    Did you click the "Undo All Changes" button before running it, after adding ifo to the list? If not, please click that button, and then click the Update button again.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Did you click the "Undo All Changes" button before running it, after adding ifo to the list? If not, please click that button, and then click the Update button again.

I had added the IFO before running the updater the first time on the HTPC. I restarted updater, scanned and then undid changes rescanned the second time and the jpgs appeared in the list.

On my client machine, I had ifo instead of IFO as the filetype... after changing case and a rescan, the jpg's appeared in the list on the client.

The problem is that the jpg is named after the first vob file in the folder, eg., 'VTS_01_1.jpg', but 'Video_TS.jpg' is used in the DB and the updater list. So each file has to be renamed.

Regards

Chuck

Weeji

Portal Member
    March 14, 2009
    As I said, this program wasn't meant for full DVD rips. I might add the bulk rename functionality into a future build.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Thanks for your efforts, though. I can at least get thumbs where I had none before.

Good work!

Best regards,

Chuck
    <
    Now if it could be made into a plugin that works inside MediaPortal as a button added to a TV Series menu, to add missing thumbs when you find them.

sorry, just letting my imagination get away from me.

Chuck

Weeji

Portal Member
    March 14, 2009
    Chuck, you, sir have inspired me. I automated your bulk renaming into the software. You can now download Version 0.8, and that should be taken care of automatically. It will create the thumbnail, and then rename the first video after the main menu to "VIDEO_TS.jpg". If for some reason, it can't find a first video, it will take the thumb from the menu.

Believe it or not, I looked into creating a plugin, not exactly like you are mentioning, but something that would periodically run when it saw that you were missing thumbnails. It turned into a headache, so I stopped looking into it. For what you mentioned, I don't think I could modify MP TV-Series to add a button for it even if I wanted to.

What I could do, if you wanted it, is create a plugin, that displays on the main MediaPortal screen, that basically simulates the "Update" button click. Let me know if this is what you're asking for.

Theoretically, after you initially run the program and click update the first time, every time thereafter should be very quick. The program skips thumbs it has already created, and it also skips entries in the TV-Series database that already have thumbs. If its only running on one or two new shows, you could probably get away with setting it to update every 1 or 2 minutes. Keep in mind that I haven't actually tested doing this, it's just a theory. I don't know if it would cause stuttering video playback or not. Let me know if you try it.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    got a little error when I ran it.

I ran 'undo last changes' first (maybe I shouldn't have)
    Then ran 'update now'. There was a pause (no active buttons) for a bit and this message popped up.
    Then the updater did not add thumbs to the db (and previous thumbs added were gone - I assume I removed them from the db with 'undo last changes')

I noticed that thumbs were created for all my episodes... even those that had thumbs in the regular TV Series Thumbs folder already.

:)

Chuck

Attachments

• updater error.jpg
      updater error.jpg
      97.6 KB

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Just a thought, would it be better for idiots like me (and smarter ppl too) if there was a scan function first, before an update was made, then activate the update button after the list was filled? Maybe highlight the episodes that needed thumbs (not in db), then only create thumbs for those highlighted episodes with the button. Maybe show that the program is busy while it is scanning or creating thumbs.

Chuck

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom