MP-TVSeries causes MP to crash (1 Viewer)

MusicMan62

Portal Pro
November 2, 2010
Frome, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
This has been happening for sometime now. When entering MP-TVSeries it crashes MP back to the desktop seconds later. It's an intermittent problem and I haven't established what action causes it to occur. I'm running the latest plugins and skins etc. Logs are attached. Would appreciate some pointers as to what could be causing this.

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Try attached DLL and report back with logs. It won't fix the error (yet) but it'll give me some more info.

Edit: Oh, and try to do it as soon as you can, starting tomorrow I'll be on vacation for a week ;)

Edit: attachment removed, not needed anymore.

MusicMan62

Portal Pro
    November 2, 2010
    Frome, UK
    Home Country
    Thanks SilentException, now running with the dll (3.1.3.1889). I'll report back with logs as soon as it crashes again..... it is intermittent though so fingers crossed it crashes today. Have a good holiday :)

MusicMan62

Portal Pro
    November 2, 2010
    Frome, UK
    Home Country
    It crashed again so here are the logs automatically collected. I hope you have all you need as it doesn't seem to collect all the logs, for example TV.log wasn't in there (though I've added it)

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    In your first set of logs you got this one error in error.log at the time of the crash. In latest set of logs you don't have that error anymore.

So, either the problem is something else and the error.log errors are just side-effects OR the error is not always logged (unlikely).

Anyhow, new DLL for you to test. Maybe it'll tell me something this time, but who knows :)

Attachments

• MP-TVSeries.rar
      524.9 KB

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Slightly off-topic, god that avatar of MusicMan62's reminds me of something, oh yes, mine for the first four years with MP, must have got it from the same place lol.

MusicMan62

Portal Pro
    November 2, 2010
    Frome, UK
    Home Country
    Hi PD, I think you told me that before though I can't remember where I got it now, probably off you lol.

So it crashed again and looks like I caught the exception this time. Logs attached. It seems to be linked to having something already playing (eg live TV or a recorded program) before entering TVSeries. When it crashes the playing sound loops round the same 1-2 second soundbyte before quitting.

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Weird stuff. Clearly a threading error. Not sure why but the same methods are called from 3(!) different threads at the same time. Very strange, I would think more people would experience same crash. Will investigate more...

Damandan

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2007
    Tegelen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I also get the MediaPortal crash when I open the tv-series plugin from within mediaportal.
    But, the same happens when I launch the standalone app and start updating the database.

While doing some investigations myself I discovered that the logpane in the standalone app states that it can't write to the log-file because another proces has locked the file.

The log-file itself however does not state anything about this error....and the app itself freezes.

I have to kill it by hand just to be able to start it again.

Maybe this can help your debugging efforts?

Attachments

• mp-tvseries_error.png
      mp-tvseries_error.png
      95.2 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom