MP-TVSeries causes MP to crash (1 Viewer)

Olleman82

November 29, 2011
Just wanted to say that I have been having this intermittent problem for some time with MyTvSeries as well. For me it doesn't seem to have anything to do with if I'm playing some other media or not. The error only occours when I have just started mediaportal and enter MyTvSeries for the first time. If the first time doesn't give me the error I can go back and forth from different modules as much as I like without problems until the next time I start mediaportal.

I have mediaportal installed on another computer which exhibits the exact same problem (same MyTvSeries database though).

,Olleman

psyko12

Portal Member
October 31, 2006
I have the same problem. MP-TVSeries causes MP to crash when it is automatically importing a new episode while MP is open. Once the import has occured then MP no longer crashes. If I turn off monitoring of the import folder then the crashes don't happen, but I have to run the scan in the standalone program to import new episodes.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have the same problem. MP-TVSeries causes MP to crash when it is automatically importing a new episode while MP is open. Once the import has occured then MP no longer crashes. If I turn off monitoring of the import folder then the crashes don't happen, but I have to run the scan in the standalone program to import new episodes.

Looks like you have an incompatible version of MediaInfo.dll. Try get the latest one and overwrite it. Be sure you haven't got multiple ones like both in plugins and mediaportal base directories. It should only be in the same directory as mediaportal.exe (delete if also in plugins\windows or upgrade both).

psyko12

Portal Member
    October 31, 2006
    Thanks for your quick response. I've downloaded the latest mediainfo.dll and checked that the only version on my PC is in the mediaportal directory, but it has not stopped the crashes. The easiest way to replicate it is to rename a file in the mp-tvseries directory while mp is running and wait for it to rescan. Crashes after a few seconds with the same log information.
    Thanks

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for your quick response. I've downloaded the latest mediainfo.dll and checked that the only version on my PC is in the mediaportal directory, but it has not stopped the crashes. The easiest way to replicate it is to rename a file in the mp-tvseries directory while mp is running and wait for it to rescan. Crashes after a few seconds with the same log information.
    Right click on the MediaInfo.dll, what version does it report?

Also please attach a full set of debug logs.

psyko12

Portal Member
    October 31, 2006
    It doesn't come up with a version, but the file is dated 11/11/11 09:27 and came from a download of 0.7.51 from the mediainfor download page.

I've attached all of the logs in my log directory, hope this is enough.
    Cheers,

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It doesn't come up with a version, but the file is dated 11/11/11 09:27 and came from a download of 0.7.51 from the mediainfor download page.

I've attached all of the logs in my log directory, hope this is enough.
    Cheers,

What is this:
    Code:
    MCESession: Trying to start an instance of a COM component with GUID {20600B49-243F-40EE-9491-3A1176A35114}... Server = "C:\Program Files\ANTEC\VFD\MediaInfo.dll"
    Maybe this is being loaded and used instead of the official one. Can you please check this directory and update accordingly.

psyko12

Portal Member
    October 31, 2006
    ltfearme,

They are the drivers for the LCD on the front of my case. I have replaced the mediainfo.dll file in there with the updated one, but no change. Incidentally since I replaced the mediainfo.dll in the mp directory, the mp-tvseries manual import now crashes and when I try and play a video from mp-tvseries in mp it also crashes, both new symptoms!

Error logs once again attached.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Please try disable your minidriver. Play back a file in mediaportal and then attach logs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom