MP-TVSeries Installation Issues (1 Viewer)

caviguy96

Portal Member
January 29, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I want to start by saying how impressed I am with everything that everyone here has done with MP. I am brand new to the HTPC world and I cannot say how happy I am so far with the ease of use and setup I have found so far.

But there is just one thing. :oops: I want to get the tvseries plugin to work but unfortunately there is no icon in the configuration for MP-TVSeries. Did I do something wrong when I installed MP? Any help here is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

caviguy96

Portal Member
January 29, 2009
Home Country
Hi Damien and thanks for responding! As I understand it to install TVSeries I only need to extract the 2.0 folder from the .rar into the C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal directory and overwrite the existing data. Is that correct? If so it still does not show up.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You should have MP-TVSeries.dll & MediaInfo.dll in your C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\windows directory.

Also the languages get installed in C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\language\MP-TVSeries

caviguy96

Portal Member
    January 29, 2009
    Home Country
    AH HA!!! That did it! I had extracted them to the wrong directory. Thank you so much for your help!!!!

witters

Portal Member
    February 2, 2009
    Home Country
    mediainfo.dll

Hi

Wondering if anyone can point out what i've done wrong.
    Installed MP-TVSeries into the directories as listed, but i don't have a mediainfo.dll file anywhere. I checked the rar file again, only the MP-TVSeries.dll is in the windows folder.

After running the import, still no file, and when i select MY TV Series from the MP menu it comes up with a black screen with "Missing or Invalid file" i assumed mediainfo.dll.

Can anyone point out what's gone wrong?

Thanks in advance

caviguy96

Portal Member
    January 29, 2009
    Home Country
    I think that maybe you got a bad DL. You may want to try DLing the .rar again. Try from the link that is in Itfearme's signature. I DLed it from there and everything worked well once I placed the .dlls in the right directory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom