MP TVSeries & MP 2.3 RC2 (1 Viewer)

Bobb25

Portal Pro
November 26, 2006
Durban
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Ok. Just did a COMPLETE reinstall in RC 2 including reparse etc (8 hours...) and it still shows no episodes under my seasons in the plugin setup and MP...

Ps. IT doesnt seem to update my episode info... this is from my Log:

9/8/2007 3:58:32 PM - ********* UpdateSeries - refresh series *********
9/8/2007 3:58:32 PM - ********* UpdateEpisodes - retrieve unknown episodes *********
9/8/2007 4:02:02 PM - Updating 1 Episodes, 0 left
9/8/2007 4:02:03 PM - Updating data for 79501_1x0
9/8/2007 4:02:03 PM - ********* UpdateEpisodes - refresh episodes *********
9/8/2007 4:02:03 PM - ********* UpdateBanners - retrieve banners series without any banners *********

Considering i was creating this database from scratch it should have updated about 8000 episodes.... not one...

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Hmm....exactly what version were you using? Any errors in the log? They do parse correctly, no?

Maybe there is another sql call somewhere in that gets too big with that many episodes.

I can only suggest you attach your entire log (or pm it to me) as the snippet doesnt say much. Or you can send me your .db3 file so I can figure out why it doesn't show them and thus can pinpoint what code goes wrong.

Oh and spuck....will be fixed. The other bug with fanart should be fixed already, so should your "can\'t" in the screenshot.

Bobb25

Portal Pro
    November 26, 2006
    Durban
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    I am using the latest SVN version of MP-TVseries with a fresh installation of RC2. I deleted the TV series database and started from scratch. All episodes seemed to parse fine, just when it updates the episode information from thetvdb it doesnt actually download any episode information :/ i will zip and pm you the log now.

Scoobsheister

Portal Pro
    June 21, 2006
    I did have a problem where it wouldn't pick up all my episodes at once, i found i had to run the import 2 or 3 times to pick up all my episodes.

That was using the latest SVN and MP2.3 RC2.

I can't recall the error exactly it was giving me but it did give a couple of xml errors about meta tags not matching the tvdb.com/interface for a particular series.

spuck

Community Skin Designer
    April 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Oh and spuck....will be fixed. The other bug with fanart should be fixed already, so should your "can\'t" in the screenshot.
    Yep all fixed and good. Thanks. :) I see the special at the end of a season now too. :)
    Have you thought about what to do about double episodes? Now it says "1: episode name (1)". I think there should be something more so you know it's actually two episodes like "1: episode name (1-2)" or something.

btw there's a space character which doesn't fit in. :p
    In the episode description it says "Special : episode name" and regular episodes are shown as "1x1: episode name". :)

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Yep all fixed and good. Thanks. :) I see the special at the end of a season now too. :)
    Yup, forgot to say I did that too....hopefully special inlining works fine now.
    Have you thought about what to do about double episodes? Now it says "1: episode name (1)". I think there should be something more so you know it's actually two episodes like "1: episode name (1-2)" or something.
    Hmm, I see.....TBH I very rarely seem to come across double episodes.......but don't they show as two entries inside MP, both launching the same physical file? And you suggest that each of these entries in brackets tell you what other episode it includes?

1: Pilot Part 1 (1-2)
    2: Pilot Part 2 (1-2)

Something like that (assuming they both have the same physical file?

btw there's a space character which doesn't fit in. :p
    In the episode description it says "Special : episode name" and regular episodes are shown as "1x1: episode name". :)
    Thnx

spuck

Community Skin Designer
    April 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hmm, I see.....TBH I very rarely seem to come across double episodes.......but don't they show as two entries inside MP, both launching the same physical file? And you suggest that each of these entries in brackets tell you what other episode it includes?

1: Pilot Part 1 (1-2)
    2: Pilot Part 2 (1-2)

Something like that (assuming they both have the same physical file?
    Heh, I have a lot of double episodes. :)
    Actually they are only shown as one entry like this:

1: Episode name (1)

I've seen that two entrys in some versions but I never liked it. Kind of looks like there's 2 double episodes and there isn't a episode thumb on the second entry for some reason which doesn't look good if all the other episodes have thumbs.
    Anyway I think it should be one entry and replace the (1) in the episode name with (1-2) if it's a double.

safran64

Portal Member
    June 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hehe, OK. Found something else though. <Episode.PrettyLocalPlaytime> doesn't show hours. Just looks a bit weird when an episode is 2h 3min and it shows only 3 mins. :p

Ups, thanks for the reminder. I wanted to post this, too, some time ago, but forgot... :oops:
    I've already fixed this for myself.

In

helper.cs

I replaced

Code:
    /// <summary>
             /// Convertes a given amount of Milliseconds into humanly readable MM:SS format
             /// </summary>
             /// <param name="milliseconds"></param>
             /// <returns></returns>
             public static System.String MSToMMSS(double milliseconds)
             {
                 TimeSpan t = new TimeSpan(0, 0, 0, 0, (int)milliseconds);
                 return t.Minutes.ToString("00") + ":" + t.Seconds.ToString("00");
             }

by

Code:
    /// <summary>
            /// Convertes a given amount of Milliseconds into humanly readable MM : SS format
            /// </summary>
            /// <param name="milliseconds"></param>
            /// <returns></returns>
            public static System.String MSToMMSS(double milliseconds)
            {
                TimeSpan t = new TimeSpan(0, 0, 0, 0, (int)milliseconds);
                if (milliseconds <= 0) //cs1 anomalies or no disc/data available -> -:-
                {
                    return ("-- : --");
                }
                if (milliseconds >= 3600000) //cs1 playtimes >= 1 hour -> 1:MM:SS
                {
                    return t.Hours.ToString("0") + ":" + t.Minutes.ToString("00") + ":" + t.Seconds.ToString("00");
                }
                else //cs1 playtimes < 1 hour -> MM:SS
                {
                    return t.Minutes.ToString("00") + ":" + t.Seconds.ToString("00");
                }
            }

I changed the code in such a way that if playtime is longer than a hour it will be shown in H : MM : SS format.
    But if the episode is less than one hour the shorter MM : SS format will be shown.

Maybe, a 'real' programmer can check this and implement it -or something similar- in the code.

Oh... In the case episodes weren't found I didn't like the time display 00:00. So I changed it to --:-- . But that's only my individual preference.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Maybe, a 'real' programmer can check this and implement it -or something similar- in the code.

If you find one let me know, maybe he/she can help out in other areas too ;-)

Code looks alright to me, except I would remove the spaces in "-- : --". Copy paste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom