MP-TVSeries v4.3.6 Release [2020-01-24] (6 Viewers)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    It is unclear how to choose the language
    upload_2019-12-1_19-17-53.png

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Been testing beta v4.3.3.6 release with new options, and majority of my import delays are all solved now.

Able to postpone MediaInfo during configuration imports is awesome as some large files take 10-30 seconds to scan, and when you got 200 of them importing you are stuck at import screen for over an hour. Those can now update MediaInfo during GUI playback when system has plenty of resources (and most of all time) to scan for MediaInfo updates.

There is now also a new option (SQL for now, but might become checkbox in settings) to auto check the "Show only Episodes requiring manual selection" checkbox, so you only have to manually correct those episodes that cannot auto-match, and when list is empty it auto-skips it to immediately process the files it can import.

Also during testing, editing SQL [options] table entry "MediaInfoParseSpeed" to 0.1 instead of the default 0.3 accelerated MediaInfo detection on 10GB WEB-DL files from 18 seconds to 1.5 seconds without any loss in functionality. Verified old AVI files still worked fine, as well as recent 100MB H.265 episodes. So, that might become the new default value to speed MediaInfo parsing. The setting is used to scan the media-file for 100% at 1.0 if the header detection fails or needs additional info. Just that at 0.3 that is 30% of a file, but when that file is 10GB it can take a while to transfer 3GB via network. That is worst-case scenario and MediaInfo will stop the moment it has enough, but even 1GB at 100MB/s on a Gigabit network will take ~10 seconds.

I'm sure the release will be published soon for others to try.

@DHosein scan this thread proper as others have ran into the same issue and solutions have already been provided. It pretty much boils down to ensuring you remove any bad reference that might still be lingering around on your system. You skipped one of the updates which contained updated config launchers hence that error, but @ltfearme provided direct ZIP attachment to the proper ones you can use. Or simply reinstall the last stable release and then update the DLL file it should work fine.

ArnoldGoat

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 27, 2007
    Lyttelton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I am now getting this:::
    upload_2019-12-2_21-37-11.png

I tried deleting MP and did a fresh install but still got this. The MP-TVSeries-Config...-Error.log is empty. Config,log just has this:
    [2019-12-02 21:34:40,601] [Log ] [1 ] [INFO ] - using sqlite 3.21.0
    [2019-12-02 21:34:40,615] [Log ] [1 ] [INFO ] - SQLLiteClient: database is remote
    [2019-12-02 21:34:47,569] [Log ] [1 ] [INFO ] - Loading localized Strings - Path: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Language Culture: Language: Prefix: False
    [2019-12-02 21:34:47,583] [Log ] [1 ] [INFO ] - Loading strings file: strings_en.xml
    Any ideas?

ArnoldGoat

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 27, 2007
    Lyttelton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If I run MP Configuration and try to config MP-Series, it says this which might be more helpful:
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.DBSeries' threw an exception. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.DBTVSeries.ExecutePragmas()
    at WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.DBTVSeries.InitDB()
    at WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.DBTVSeries.Execute(String query)
    at WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.DBTable..ctor(String tableName)
    at WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.DBSeries..ctor()
    at WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.DBSeries..cctor()

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I am now getting this::: View attachment 203077
    I tried deleting MP and did a fresh install but still got this.
    Any ideas?
    When you say you deleted MP, what do you mean? Did you delete the tvseries database?
    Code:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\TVSeriesDatabase4.db3

If not, can you make a backup of the database (copy somewhere), then delete it, and try again. Also, please attach your database so I can debug.

Paul Hammond

December 2, 2019
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hi,

I'm also having the same issue.

When I replaced the MP-TV Series.dll from this post I got a 'There is a problem and the MP-TV series config launcher doesn't know how to recover.

upload_2019-12-2_23-26-31.png

What is annoying is that I've noticed that Series Artwork, specifically Poster artwork from thetvdb.com is not downloading. I initially had an error where the API couldn't connect and I got a 305 error and then saw this post which I tried to use to fix the issue. Now although I have managed to get the API connecting now, it just isn't downloading the Artwork and I've used this program for a long time now.

Can you help?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Getting closer to making something more official, so will start creating MPE installers for test builds, hopefully this fixes the issue with people using the shortcut to launch the configuration. If not please use the old fashioned way of entering the MediaPortal configuration->Plugins section, but hopefully that won't be required.

As mentioned by @RoChess, there is a few new config options which allow you to postpone MediaInfo scans in the config import wizard as well as an option to skip the episode matching screen when no files require attention (these options can be toggled from General tab).

I also made some improvements to the way I detect the series name from folder when the top level folder is a season folder. I also will send the folder through the string replacements (after rules) to clean it if needed e.g. "Inspector.Gadget"->" Inspector Gadget".

NB: The option to use series name from the filename folder should only be used if using a proper clean series names, otherwise please use the normal filename parsing which uses regular expresions to capture the series name.

Attachments

• MP-TVSeries-4.3.3.6-Beta.mpe1
      5.3 MB

ArnoldGoat

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 27, 2007
    Lyttelton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I think my situation is complicated by the fact that I alter the database location to a mapped share on the server. I think SQLITE can cope with shared access (but only 1 client is active at any one time anyway). I changed the default location and restarted, which is when the problem reported occurred. Now, even if I delete the database in the default location, the fault appears without creating a new empty database. The location of the db must be stored external to the db? But where? I have a client that I don't use on the server machine, and that works (with 4.3.3.5) from the shortcut or from within config, using the db on the share, and so does the one on my lounge PC (with 4.3.3.5). These two are on MP1.18

But the one on my development m/c which is MP1.22 doesn't work, and when I deleted MP, I really deleted it inc Program Files, Program Data and registry.

UPDATE: OK found the db location in the registry. If I delete the key, the prog will now create a new empty db, so it just doesn't like the db on the share. I copied the db to the default location but it still doesn't like it.

I attempted to upload the db, but it didn't like .db3 file.

UPDATE 2: reverted to MP1.18 with 4.3.2.0. It created new empty db, but on swapping to my shared one, the fault appeared. So the fault seems to be specific to my development PC and unrelated to the changes to the .DLL. Other features of MP are OK. I'd really like it to work on my dev PC though!

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Not in front of computer right now, but custom database locations are stored in the registry. Search for the path and delete the offending key.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom