MP-TvViewer 0.3 - Watch TV on your desktop (2010-01-30) (1 Viewer)

lal0r

Portal Member
July 30, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Yes, there are DLLs in the installation directory.
But the Batch-Script which runs from Webinterface to start the stream, wants to start VLC out of its normal installation directory. Obviously there is no such path, because I didn`t install VLC.

Mike Lowrey

Portal Pro
February 4, 2009
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

i'm currently redesigning MP TvViewer a bit and i think it may interest some of you so i made some screenshots, i hope you like it :)

The main aim is to simplify the ui, so the channel combobox is now a list on the right, the groups can only be chosen in the settings. (screenshot 1)
The next step was to integrate an EPG "overlay" in the mainview (screenshot2).

One of the next steps is to simplify the recording process based on the epg overlay.

Attachments

• MPTVViewer-ProgramList.PNG
    MPTVViewer-ProgramList.PNG
    62.2 KB
  • MPTVViewer-OverlayEPG.PNG
    MPTVViewer-OverlayEPG.PNG
    183 KB

Mike Lowrey

Portal Pro
February 4, 2009
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
At the moment i'm thinking about different styles for fast recording and about possible eye candy for the channel list.

After a hint of KayDiefenthal i tried a list with small icons for each channel, but with a good looking size of the icons there are only round about 8 channels visible.

Now i'm currently trying to integrate the current/next program into the list, but this leads to a really wide list which isn't nice on small screens (screenshot 1) so i rethought this idea and implemented a tool tip for each channel which provides the name of the current program(screenshot 2)
What do you think about it? Should it display the current program or the next program? Is it totally crap? :D

The next thing is the overlay epg - i think the masses of text about the chosen program isn't really helpful, what do you think about this?

And my last thing is how it's more intuitive(and easy) to record a program chose the program, right click (screenshot 3) or with an extra button (marked black,screenshot 3)

Attachments

• MPTVViewer-ChannellistwithEPG.PNG
    MPTVViewer-ChannellistwithEPG.PNG
    69.8 KB
  • MPTVViewer-ChannellistwithEPGTooltip.png
    MPTVViewer-ChannellistwithEPGTooltip.png
    73.5 KB
  • MPTVViewer-OverlayEPGhowtorecord.PNG
    MPTVViewer-OverlayEPGhowtorecord.PNG
    85.4 KB

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi,

i'm currently redesigning MP TvViewer a bit and i think it may interest some of you so i made some screenshots, i hope you like it :)

The main aim is to simplify the ui, so the channel combobox is now a list on the right, the groups can only be chosen in the settings. (screenshot 1)
    The next step was to integrate an EPG "overlay" in the mainview (screenshot2).

One of the next steps is to simplify the recording process based on the epg overlay.

Very cool. If you're finished with your changes and I like them, I'll add them to the svn if you send me a patch file...

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Mike/Diebagger.

Really nice work - But please keep an option to only have Playback window with no borders.

I often use TV-software when I am working with other stuff on my Computer, and it is very nice to have a minimal window with tv running.

Futhermore the option to "always on top" is a must, when doing multiple tasks on computer

Just my 5 cents:)

/Morten

Lolento

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Guys,

It would be really nice if the GUI for this would be adaptable as a plugin for Win7 Media Center.

KayDiefenthal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2006
    Germany - Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: MP-TvViewer 0.3 - Watch TV on your desktop (2010-01-30)

Guys,

It would be really nice if the GUI for this would be adaptable as a plugin for Win7 Media Center.

hi i test something with mce und tvs as source but it give some problems with it

native way needs an custom tv server version

webif = i can t become the rtspurl bind to the playmedia method

rtsp url is ever zero / null

With the UI for the mce client give it no problems !

Eyep0p

Portal Pro
    June 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MP-TvViewer 0.3 - Watch TV on your desktop (2010-01-30)

what is wrong with that program? picture and sound is stuttering and after 10-20 secs it stops. in webbrowser it works good.

jackdaw

Portal Member
    March 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Is it possible to make a linux version of this program? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom