MP-TvViewer 0.3 - Watch TV on your desktop (2010-01-30) (1 Viewer)

cilla

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2008
    Lüdinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hey guys:
    I've got a problem with MP TvViewer.

When im using this App on the Machine where runs Tv Server everything works fine.
    But when I'm using this app on a client system (testet with several systems), I only get a error message "Error while start timeshifting". (When am looking at "TV Server Status" the status is "timeshift started")

I used Version 0.3 of MP TvViewer, the latest Version of WebServices. An several versions of VLC Player (1.0.5 <- this version works fine on the tvserver-system, 1.1.2, ...).

I also tried to disable the firewall: no effect. (an webinterface (on port 8080) works also)

Any ideas?

lg cilla

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    hey guys:
    I've got a problem with MP TvViewer.

When im using this App on the Machine where runs Tv Server everything works fine.
    But when I'm using this app on a client system (testet with several systems), I only get a error message "Error while start timeshifting". (When am looking at "TV Server Status" the status is "timeshift started")

I used Version 0.3 of MP TvViewer, the latest Version of WebServices. An several versions of VLC Player (1.0.5 <- this version works fine on the tvserver-system, 1.1.2, ...).

I also tried to disable the firewall: no effect. (an webinterface (on port 8080) works also)

Any ideas?

lg cilla

Can you view tv by starting a channel with vlc from the webinterface? Make sure port 554 (for rtsp) is also allowed in your firewall.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Same problem here. VLC v1.0.5 works fine but after installing 1.1.0 or later, there's an error message when launching MP-TvViewer and timeshifting can't start.

Attachments

• MP-TvViewer vs VLC 1.1.2.png
      MP-TvViewer vs VLC 1.1.2.png
      8.1 KB

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Same problem here. VLC v1.0.5 works fine but after installing 1.1.0 or later, there's an error message when launching MP-TvViewer and timeshifting can't start.

Well if you use vlc 1.1 that's the reason for your problems... MP-TvViewer will only work with 1.0.x versions of vlc. I hope that I can release an updated version which supports VLC 1.1 but it depends on how fast the c# .net wrappers switch to the new version...

:sorry:

lal0r

Portal Member
    July 30, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

I tried to set up WebServices in combination with your player, but it doesn`t seem to work. The TvViewer can`t connect to my TV Server as well as the browser plugin.

I get this error when I`m trying to connect via Webbrowser. (Firefox 3.6.8) (Client and TV-Server)

mpd1si.png

Could this be caused by Windows Updates of .Net Framework? There seems to be a conflict of .Net Framework compiler-versions.
    I´m using Mediaportal 1.1.0 Final and the newest version of Windows XP Pro SP3 including all updates and hotfixes.
    Thanks in advance!

KayDiefenthal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2006
    Germany - Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: MP-TvViewer 0.3 - Watch TV on your desktop (2010-01-30)

Hello,

I tried to set up WebServices in combination with your player, but it doesn`t seem to work. The TvViewer can`t connect to my TV Server as well as the browser plugin.

I get this error when I`m trying to connect via Webbrowser. (Firefox 3.6.8)

mpd1si.png

Could this be caused by Windows Updates of .Net Framework? There seems to be a conflict of .Net Framework compiler-versions.
    I´m using Mediaportal 1.1.0 Final and the newest version of Windows XP Pro SP3 including all updates and hotfixes.
    Thanks in advance!

try this and copy
    tvdatabase.dll, tv controls.dll, tvbuisnesslayer.dl,l Gentle.Common.dll, Gentle.Framework.dll, Gentle.Provider.MySql.dll, Gentle.Provider.SQLServer.dll from TvServer root directory
    "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server"
    to
    "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Plugins\MPWebServices\htdocs\bin"

KayDiefenthal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2006
    Germany - Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MP-TvViewer 0.3 - Watch TV on your desktop (2010-01-30)

you have the tv.xxx.dll s gentle.xxx.dll s copied ? and the same massage ?
    or another one massage ?

lal0r

Portal Member
    July 30, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, I just noticed that you edited your post.

The connection via Browser works for now. But the TvViewer can not connect anyway. :-/

EDIT: When I click on the interface buttons in the browser I get error messages from .Net again. I can`t select an option.

This happens when I click on "Tv"

mp16czv.png

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom