MP-TvViewer 0.3 - Watch TV on your desktop (2010-01-30) (1 Viewer)

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hey guys, I just realised that the download-links for core and full installation were switched :oops: so if you clicked on full you downloaded only the core files without the vlc binaries.

If you have problems connecting to the webservice with mp-tvviewer AND you can access the webservices via the webinterface/watch tv with the "play with vlc" link, please download the full version again. This version already contains the vlc binaries which means that you'll get a vlc version that should work with mp-tvviewer.

Also make sure that port 554 is open in your firewall (used for rtsp).

KayDiefenthal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2006
    Germany - Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: MP-TvViewer 0.3 - Watch TV on your desktop (2010-01-30)

Sorry, I just noticed that you edited your post.

The connection via Browser works for now. But the TvViewer can not connect anyway. :-/

EDIT: When I click on the interface buttons in the browser I get error messages from .Net again. I can`t select an option.

This happens when I click on "Tv"

mp16czv.png

Thanks!

mal auf deutsch die MySQL.Data.dll fehlt auch noch

Hey guys, I just realised that the download-links for core and full installation were switched :oops: so if you clicked on full you downloaded only the core files without the vlc binaries.

If you have problems connecting to the webservice with mp-tvviewer AND you can access the webservices via the webinterface/watch tv with the "play with vlc" link, please download the full version again. This version already contains the vlc binaries which means that you'll get a vlc version that should work with mp-tvviewer.

Also make sure that port 554 is open in your firewall (used for rtsp).

or you handle it with string.Replace(":554","") ;-)

lal0r

Portal Member
    July 30, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks guys, it works!

I can watch TV with the TvViewer after I installed the full version including the VLC-Files.

But I got another problem. The picture and sound are stuttering (artefacts are shown) in random intervals. Client and TV-Server are connected to a gigabit network. Firewalls are turned off.

What is the buffering time I can set in the options? I tried to set it higher but it didn`t work for my problem.
    When the tvViewer is loading or doing something, my whole computer doesn`t react for 1-2 seconds. Is this normal?

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    No that's definately not normal... What OS are you using?

Regarding the stuttering: Does this also happen when you start a channel with vlc over the webinterface?

lal0r

Portal Member
    July 30, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I use Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

The stuttering doesn`t appear when I start it via webinterface. There`s a .bat file which starts the stream.
    I installed VLC 0.98 because it won´t work with VLC 1.1, right?

Edit: If I browse the web while I`m watching the stream with VLC, the stream starts stuttering again. But in the TvViewer it appears even if I`m doing nothing.

Edit2: Now the stream is also stuttering via webinterface. :-/

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Are you sure you are using the gb lan connection? If you connect with a notebook that has wifi and lan it might use the wifi connection even though lan is available.

I experienced stuttering when I was using the 54g wifi connection of my notebook, over lan everything worked fine.

edit: maybe the problem is the server? Have you tried using a MediaPortal client installation?

lal0r

Portal Member
    July 30, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes I`m sure that everything is ok with my LAN connection. For example I can move a 5GB file to my HTPC with an average speed of 60 MB/s without any errors or other problems.

I will try to explain some weird behaviour of the TvClient Software:

- When I switch the channel in the dropdown menu, the whole system hangs for 2-3 seconds (can`t move the mouse or do anything else in OS)
    - If I move the window of the application, the systems hangs again
    - If I start doing anything else, while I´m watching a stream, the stream begins to stutter more often. Even if the other application is not using the network connection.
    - The stream initiated by the webinterface starts quite well but after a short time it begins to hang either

Is it possible that this behaviour is caused by components of .Net Framework or codecs?
    I installed VLC 0.98 in additition to the TvViewer Full Version. Before that I uninstalled VLC version 1.1. But I had to reinstall a older version of VLC to use the streaming via Webinterface, right?
    No, I didn`t try the Client installation of MP, because I do not want to use it. But I streamed TV with MP 1.0.2 and MP webinterface /VLC, which ran quite smoothly.

The system is up to date, also the hardware shouldn`t cause any problems:

HTPC:
    Athlon X2 4850e 2.5 Ghz
    2GB DDR2 RAM
    Technotrend S3200
    500GB SATA
    Windows XP Pro SP3 + Mediaportal

Client with TvViewer:
    Intel Core i5 750 4x 2,67 Ghz
    8GB DDR3
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The behaviour of you not being able to move the mouse might be a result of the way the application captures mouse events (because of the vlc component)...

Btw I used a very similar configuration while I developed mp-tvviewer (also W7 X64 Ultimate) and never saw a similar bahavior.

Can you try to uninstall all components (Mp-TvViewer, VLC) and do a fresh install with the "full installer" (already contains the vlc binaries?

lal0r

Portal Member
    July 30, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes sure, I can try it tonight.

I did this before, but I wasn`t able to locate the VLC.exe. Where are the VLC binaries located after installation?
    I wasn`t able to start the stream via Webinterface after a full installation, because there was no VLC path. So I installed it separatly.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The link was unfortunately wrong up until yesterday so if you clicked on "full installation" you would in fact only download the core files...

If all went well you should have a "libvlc" folder within the installation directory containing a bunch of dlls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom