MP Update to 1.1.3 fails to re-install TV Server

Discussion in 'Installation, configuration support' started by nswellman, May 24, 2011.

1. nswellman

nswellman Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    MediaPortal Version: 1.1.2
    MediaPortal Skin: Black Glass
    Windows Version: Windows 7, 32 Bit
    CPU Type: Dell Dimension 4600
    HDD: Seagate Baracuda 500GB
    Memory: 3 GB DDR PC3200
    Motherboard: Dell Factory installed
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6200
    Video Card Driver: 8.17.12.5896
    Sound Card: SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
    Sound Card AC3: No AC3
    Sound Card Driver: 5.12.1.7010
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR-1950
    1. TV Card Type: ATSC/Analog
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: MPC - MPEG-2 Video Decoder (Gabest)
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPC - MPA Decoder Filter
    h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow DXVA Video Decoder
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: AFN Satellite
    HTPC Case: Dell Dimension 4600
    Cooling: Standard
    Power Supply: Standard
    Remote: Hauppauge 45 Button
    TV: Samsung RNL269D
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI(PC) to HDMI(TV)

I was running MP 1.1.2 with TV Server with pretty good success until updating windows 7 to SP1 and getting the error when trying to run the configuration modules. So I decided to follow the suggestion and update to version 1.1.3. I did a manual backup as suggested, and then uninstalled both Media Portal and MP TV Server, also as suggested on the wiki. After download and attempted install of version 1.1.3, Media Portal installs just fine, but the TV Server side of things did not install. I was never asked if I wanted to install it. The deploy tool simply detected my old installation of version 1.1.2 and asked if I wanted to update to 1.1.3. I assumed this would complete installation of both Media Portal and MP TV Server. I am not excited at the prospect of doing a clean install, so can anyone tell me how to install only the TV Server Side of things from where I am at right now? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Nick

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,205 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi nswellman

You've posted a thread in the support section, so have you got some logs for us to look at (support threads require logs)? How about a description of what you did and what went wrong? We can't read your mind, so if you want help then you need to give us the information that we need to understand the problem. Saying "MP Update to 1.1.3 fails to re-install TV Server" is not enough... ;)

4. nswellman

nswellman Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    mm1352000,

Sorry, but I prematurely hit the enter key before typing my message in the body of the thread, and I guess you saw that post while I was editing. I have updated the original post with details of my problem. At this time I have no log files to attach, as my problem is with the installation, not operation of the program.

5. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,205 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Nick

Did you restart the computer after the uninstall?
    There should be installation logs in your MediaPortal and TV Server log directories. Could you please use the watchdog (debug mode) with option 3 to collect all your logs and post them here.

:D

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!