MP Update to 1.1.3 fails to re-install TV Server (1 Viewer)

nswellman

Portal Member
February 6, 2011
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.2
MediaPortal Skin: Black Glass
Windows Version: Windows 7, 32 Bit
CPU Type: Dell Dimension 4600
HDD: Seagate Baracuda 500GB
Memory: 3 GB DDR PC3200
Motherboard: Dell Factory installed
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6200
Video Card Driver: 8.17.12.5896
Sound Card: SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
Sound Card AC3: No AC3
Sound Card Driver: 5.12.1.7010
1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR-1950
1. TV Card Type: ATSC/Analog
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPC - MPEG-2 Video Decoder (Gabest)
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPC - MPA Decoder Filter
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow DXVA Video Decoder
Satelite/CableTV Provider: AFN Satellite
HTPC Case: Dell Dimension 4600
Cooling: Standard
Power Supply: Standard
Remote: Hauppauge 45 Button
TV: Samsung RNL269D
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI(PC) to HDMI(TV)

I was running MP 1.1.2 with TV Server with pretty good success until updating windows 7 to SP1 and getting the error when trying to run the configuration modules. So I decided to follow the suggestion and update to version 1.1.3. I did a manual backup as suggested, and then uninstalled both Media Portal and MP TV Server, also as suggested on the wiki. After download and attempted install of version 1.1.3, Media Portal installs just fine, but the TV Server side of things did not install. I was never asked if I wanted to install it. The deploy tool simply detected my old installation of version 1.1.2 and asked if I wanted to update to 1.1.3. I assumed this would complete installation of both Media Portal and MP TV Server. I am not excited at the prospect of doing a clean install, so can anyone tell me how to install only the TV Server Side of things from where I am at right now? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Nick

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi nswellman

You've posted a thread in the support section, so have you got some logs for us to look at (support threads require logs)? How about a description of what you did and what went wrong? We can't read your mind, so if you want help then you need to give us the information that we need to understand the problem. Saying "MP Update to 1.1.3 fails to re-install TV Server" is not enough... ;)

nswellman

Portal Member
    February 6, 2011
    mm1352000,

Sorry, but I prematurely hit the enter key before typing my message in the body of the thread, and I guess you saw that post while I was editing. I have updated the original post with details of my problem. At this time I have no log files to attach, as my problem is with the installation, not operation of the program.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Nick

Did you restart the computer after the uninstall?
    There should be installation logs in your MediaPortal and TV Server log directories. Could you please use the watchdog (debug mode) with option 3 to collect all your logs and post them here.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom