MP uses AAC audio decoder for MKVs and MP4s! | Page 3

Discussion in '1.0 final and SVN Builds' started by damaster, February 11, 2009.

1. ronzelver
    • Premium Supporter

ronzelver MP Donator

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. tourettes
    • Premium Supporter

tourettes Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +4,810 / 3
    Fixed in SVN version 21710. Please verify after next public SVN build is out.

4. arryo

arryo Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    i don't think this problem get fixed. Somehow, now both MPA and Ac3filter are in place, making it sound like double

5. tourettes
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,810 / 3
    Different issue, most likely Ac3filter is outputting audio still in compressed form and MPA is connected to it by directshow. Are you trying to use passthru in Ac3filter and then the audio renderer is failing to cnnect to it?

6. arryo

arryo Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I think it still picks up whatever codec that AAC is assigned to (except for if I chose MPA codec then AC3filter is also rendering). I changed to FFDShow audio, the AC3filter is not rendered. What do you mean by using passthrough? like SPDIF passthourgh? if it's the case then yes.

I should also mention that DTS is no longer recognized by other codecs except for MPA is set as default codec for AAC or AC3

7. tourettes
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,810 / 3
    Check what happens when you load same filters in GraphEdit and build the graph.

• Like Like x 1
  8. arryo

arryo Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Somehow I couldn't remote connect in HTPC (Vista 64x), but I tried with my work computer (running XP) and it seems that AC3filter was left out when AC3 filter is chosen for AC3 and MPA is chosen for AAC

Attached Files:

• untitled.JPG
      untitled.JPG
      File size:
      71.8 KB
      Uploaded:
      February 26, 2009
      Views:
  9. nchopp

nchopp Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    This isn't fixed. Now that there's a new SVN, the patch in here does not function - and still MP doesn't play audio from AC3 MP4s...

10. damaster

damaster Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    In order to connect to a remote graph in Vista you need to register proppage.dll.

Which version of MP are you on? This is definitely no longer an issue since MP 1.0.0. I'm looking at the source code of MP 1.0.2 right now and it is fine. There is definitely something else wrong with your system. Did you use GraphEdit to connect to the remote graph to see what decoders are loaded?

You need to provide a whole lot more information in your post if you expect any one to be able to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!