MP uses AAC audio decoder for MKVs and MP4s! (1 Viewer)

arryo

Portal Pro
July 12, 2008
i don't think this problem get fixed. Somehow, now both MPA and Ac3filter are in place, making it sound like double

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    i don't think this problem get fixed. Somehow, now both MPA and Ac3filter are in place, making it sound like double

Different issue, most likely Ac3filter is outputting audio still in compressed form and MPA is connected to it by directshow. Are you trying to use passthru in Ac3filter and then the audio renderer is failing to cnnect to it?

arryo

Portal Pro
    July 12, 2008
    I think it still picks up whatever codec that AAC is assigned to (except for if I chose MPA codec then AC3filter is also rendering). I changed to FFDShow audio, the AC3filter is not rendered. What do you mean by using passthrough? like SPDIF passthourgh? if it's the case then yes.

I should also mention that DTS is no longer recognized by other codecs except for MPA is set as default codec for AAC or AC3

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I think it still picks up whatever codec that AAC is assigned to (except for if I chose MPA codec then AC3filter is also rendering). I changed to FFDShow audio, the AC3filter is not rendered. What do you mean by using passthrough? like SPDIF passthourgh? if it's the case then yes

Check what happens when you load same filters in GraphEdit and build the graph.

arryo

Portal Pro
    July 12, 2008
    I think it still picks up whatever codec that AAC is assigned to (except for if I chose MPA codec then AC3filter is also rendering). I changed to FFDShow audio, the AC3filter is not rendered. What do you mean by using passthrough? like SPDIF passthourgh? if it's the case then yes

Somehow I couldn't remote connect in HTPC (Vista 64x), but I tried with my work computer (running XP) and it seems that AC3filter was left out when AC3 filter is chosen for AC3 and MPA is chosen for AAC

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
      untitled.JPG
      71.8 KB

nchopp

Portal Member
    December 31, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This isn't fixed. Now that there's a new SVN, the patch in here does not function - and still MP doesn't play audio from AC3 MP4s...

damaster

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Somehow I couldn't remote connect in HTPC (Vista 64x), but I tried with my work computer (running XP) and it seems that AC3filter was left out when AC3 filter is chosen for AC3 and MPA is chosen for AAC

In order to connect to a remote graph in Vista you need to register proppage.dll.

This isn't fixed. Now that there's a new SVN, the patch in here does not function - and still MP doesn't play audio from AC3 MP4s...

Which version of MP are you on? This is definitely no longer an issue since MP 1.0.0. I'm looking at the source code of MP 1.0.2 right now and it is fine. There is definitely something else wrong with your system. Did you use GraphEdit to connect to the remote graph to see what decoders are loaded?

You need to provide a whole lot more information in your post if you expect any one to be able to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom