[solved] MP won't start - CLR20r3 (1 Viewer)

d3cadent

Portal Member
April 19, 2008
Hi,

I need some tips on where to start looking for my problem.
I have several computers, some run MP successfully for years. I decided to install MP (TV Client) on one machine which is usually used by my children for gaming, and my wife for work.
After a flawless installation procedure, I cannot launch Configuration.exe. Mediaportal.exe automatically tries to launch Configuration.exe, since there exist no initial configuration yet. However, when Configuration.exe starts, the Standard / Expert mode selection appears, but after selecting either one, Windows reports tha Configuration.exe stopped working, with a CLR20r3 error. I cannot collect logs or configs, since there aren't any.
As I understand, this is a .NET error, so I reinstalled the .NET 4.6.1 runtime, but it did not make any difference. Even disabling my antivirus protection software did not help.
This computer has only one "unusual" specific: it has two monitors connected. One is driven by the CPU's internal GPU, the other has a dedicated GPU. Apart from this, I cannot think of anything else which would not be standard.
I would be really thankful if you could give some tips on how to dig deeper to what is the problem here as I have no useful ideas.

System specs:
- Asus H81 mainboard
- Intel Core i5 CPU w/ integrated video
- 8GB RAM
- SSD + HDD
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64, Hungarian language
- additional NVIDIA GT 430 card
- windows update on, all important patches installed
- MP v1.16.0 Final
- Computer has no local media store or TV cards, but there is a MP TV Server on the network to which I'd like to connect. Of course, I can't even get to the point of configuring network as Configuration.exe immediately hangs with the CLR20r3.

Thank you for all tips.

d3cadent

Portal Member
April 19, 2008
Okay, seems I don't have the problem of too many tips to try ;)
Can I do something on my side to provide more info? Logs aren't available since Configuration.exe won't run even for once - but anything else that could help us point into the right direction, I will happily add.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    As always, when any program crashes, check the Windows application event log to find information about the cause.

d3cadent

Portal Member
    April 19, 2008
    Windows Event Viewer reported an Unhandled Exception for the .NET Runtime.

Some more digging revealed there was a file corruption in the DirectX 9c runtime. Reinstalling that resolved the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom