MP & XBMC intergration scripts v0.6d Update 4-MAR-07 (2 Viewers)

Griffiniti

February 24, 2007
Home Country
would CCXStream be capable of streaming HDTV to XBMC? Is there anyway to reduce the bitrate/resolution in CCXStream so XBMC can handle it?

I would like to capture all my TV in HD to watch on PCs and burn to DVD as required, but am struggling to find a solution to watch it in XBMC without a convoluted process of transcoding to XVID or similar.

timeslice

June 9, 2007
Home Country
England England
I'm very glad to see that someone is trying to integrate the tv server engine with xbmc, I started looking a while ago at mplayer code with a view to attempting rtsp support but perhaps that was a little over ambitious as it is a very large job more suited to someone who knows the codebase(s) already.

On the question of whether to use SMB or CCXStream for delivery of video to XBMC I would have thought it much better to use SMB anyway as in my limited experience the CPU overhead of transporting using CCXstream vs SMB was quite different with SMB being vastly lower, perhaps this has changed since then though?

Gamester17

Portal Pro
May 12, 2004
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
UPnP-server implementation into MediaPortal, or RTSP-client into XBMC FileSystem would both be better than XBMSP/ccXStream or SMB/Samba. Plus a SDP-service for auto-detection.

UPnP-server suggestion for MediaPortal:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/upnp_support_universal_plug_and_play-t1037.html

In theory it should be relativly simple to implement the libnms library under XBMC's "FileSystem" layer stucture (which uses a virtual file-system design), that way MPlayer, DVDPlayer, and PAPlayer in XBMC could all use it to stream from SDP, RTSP and RTP/RTCP which are the protocols that libnms support just as if the files/streams where located on the local harddrive (ie. source independence). libnms does also support Creative Commons licensing meta-data for audio/video streaming (via libCCstreaming which is part of libnms), but I guess can't be a priority to implement.

libnms library (from the latest trunk in the SVN of the NeMeSI project) is a SDP, RTSP and RTP/RTCP Open Media Streaming Client Library. It is designed to "let you add multimedia streaming playback in your applications in a quick and straightforward way". (NeMeSI is a streaming client that allows user to enjoy playback of multimedia files with low latency transport over IP-based networks). libnms (and NeMeSI) source code does contain example code and there are partially doxygenized headers (Doxygen code documentation), that hopefully that can help development.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I don't think it's likely that UPnP will be fully implemented (streaming live tv, not just the timeshift file) in MediaPortal any time soon.

But as a long time user of XBMC I would love to use my Xboxs as clients for MediaPortal TV Engine 3. This would give me perfect picture quality on all my tv sets and would also give me an extra channel that is not offered on the traditional analogue spectrum here in Australia.

So the question is:
    Is it likely that libnms will be implemented in XBMC?

Cheers,

Gamester17

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2004
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Is it likely that libnms will be implemented in XBMC?
    I have asked/begged the team-developers on several occations before and unfortunatly no one of them have any personal interest in this (as no one are MediaPortal or even HTPC users themselves). However if someone else would code it up and submit a patch to us then I'm sure it would be more than welcomed (unless the patch breaks something else of course).

Anyone wanting to implement this is XBMC should look at how the other client libraries/code are added under the FileSystem code ("/trunk/XBMC/xbmc/FileSystem/") in the XBMC SVN (like UPnP, SMB, XBMSP, and CURL for FTP). With the FactoryDirectory and Directory code in focus, the code is in most documented with Doxygen.
    http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index.php?title=Basic_overview_of_the_XBMC_source_code
    http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Inner_Workings
    http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Development

PS! I myself am not a programmer/developer, ...I could not code to save my life

GuyBrush

June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I think/just know there are a lot of Xbox/XBMC owners out there who are like me dying to see a good working MP->XBMC-solution. Right now, this plugin does a reasonable good job, but I think there's a lot more potential to it (thechad: no hard feelings about that, you did a damn good job!!). But I'm not a developer, so I can only come up with ideas. Please some developer help THECHAD, you'll make a lot users very happy!

pmbsa

Portal Pro
    September 27, 2004
    Absolutely! I am sure there are loads of us who are tracking this eagerly, it would round off my solution very nicely.

Viper1705

June 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hey guys, this script looks great. However, I can not get it to work. I have the plugin set up correctly on my media portal software. Have it all configured and set up on the xbox. When I run the script, I can see the files that have been recorded and compressed, but when I select any of them, they do not play back. I also tried to get the tv guide going, but it flashes something really quick and goes away.

I went into my videos on my xbox, and can access the files and play back from there, so I know everything is shared out and should be working fine.

I am using rc4 - latest release - does this script work on rc4?

Thanks for any help.

Hi Chad,

I'm having the same problem with your script (version 0.6d) and media portal 0.2.2.0 and XBMC. The script can connect to mediaportal just fine (in mediaportal.log I can see connected), but when I try to open the epg, the screen just quickly flashes a popup, and stays empty.

Any idea what could be wrong ?

Grtz

shanek

Portal Member
    May 22, 2006
    This article mentions that rtsp is working with XBMC now

http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index.php?title=HOW-TO:_Play_Internet_Streams

As MPlayer does support RTSP now does that not mean that XBMC also does ?

From my understanding all we need now is for someone to write an asp page that will run on the tvserver to accept HTTP commands and execute the command localy on the tvserver.

ozNick

August 7, 2006
    This article mentions that rtsp is working with XBMC now

http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index.php?title=HOW-TO:_Play_Internet_Streams

As MPlayer does support RTSP now does that not mean that XBMC also does ?

From my understanding all we need now is for someone to write an asp page that will run on the tvserver to accept HTTP commands and execute the command localy on the tvserver.

There is limited RTSP support in XBMC but it does not include the MP Stream (yet).

Cheers Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom