MP1.01 fixed the slow browsing of "deep" network shares

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Talk' started by lsandini, April 15, 2009.

1. lsandini
    • Premium Supporter

lsandini MP Donator

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Finland Finland
    ... well not completely, but it did take sometimes 10 seconds to display the contents of a share in MP across my WLAN in all previous MP versions (while it took about 1 second in Windows explorer).

Now browsing picture folders or MP3 folders is much faster, even if not as fast as I'd like, but it made the experience much better for me. Well is it just me, or do you folk observe the same ?

Lorenzo

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. jiih

jiih Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

Actually I experienced quite the opposite. I recently changed from Windows XP to Windows Vista (both on MP 1.01) and I can tell you that browsing network shares became very slow in Vista (browsing of local files is still fast). I hope someone can provide a fix to this issue.

jiih

4. jhb

jhb Portal Pro

SW Developer - realtime appl.
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Well, be happy that you have 1.0.1 then. 1.0 often stopped for a minute or so when playing music or showing photos. With 1.0.1 there seems to be some kind of timeout after roughly 10s, so if a song or photo is not found it goes to the next one instead. This improves the experience a lot, even though the actual problem is not solved.

I am not experiencing this problem om XP - only on vista...

5. Slee_Stack

Slee_Stack Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    My PC (windows 7) is sluggish on network shares, particularly when 'moving up' a folder.

This PC is on a network over Power Line. It's a touch faster than a standard N wireless, but significantly slower than a wired network.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!