MP1.01 fixed the slow browsing of "deep" network shares (1 Viewer)

lsandini

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Kuopio
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    ... well not completely, but it did take sometimes 10 seconds to display the contents of a share in MP across my WLAN in all previous MP versions (while it took about 1 second in Windows explorer).

Now browsing picture folders or MP3 folders is much faster, even if not as fast as I'd like, but it made the experience much better for me. Well is it just me, or do you folk observe the same ?

Lorenzo

jiih

Portal Member
    August 6, 2006
    Hi,

Actually I experienced quite the opposite. I recently changed from Windows XP to Windows Vista (both on MP 1.01) and I can tell you that browsing network shares became very slow in Vista (browsing of local files is still fast). I hope someone can provide a fix to this issue.

jiih

jhb

Portal Pro
    September 19, 2006
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Well, be happy that you have 1.0.1 then. 1.0 often stopped for a minute or so when playing music or showing photos. With 1.0.1 there seems to be some kind of timeout after roughly 10s, so if a song or photo is not found it goes to the next one instead. This improves the experience a lot, even though the actual problem is not solved.

I am not experiencing this problem om XP - only on vista...

Slee_Stack

Portal Member
    October 6, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    My PC (windows 7) is sluggish on network shares, particularly when 'moving up' a folder.

This PC is on a network over Power Line. It's a touch faster than a standard N wireless, but significantly slower than a wired network.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom