MP1 (1.19.0_Final) 2 minutes wait between channel changes.

Discussion in 'General Support' started by ToothFaerie, May 30, 2018.

1. ToothFaerie

ToothFaerie Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi all, I have a strange issue with changing channels. It is taking 2 minutes for the channel to change. I have completely uninstalled MP using the uninstaller and Ccleaner to remove any hidden files/folders/registry entries from my PC. C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal and C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal are gone and the folder containing the log folder is deleted manually by me. I restart the Windows 10 machine, reinstall and everything works but I still get a 2 minute wait for a channel change. I did notice than I tried to change EPG settings to scan whiles in timeshift/idle and they were the same after I had done a complete uninstall. Are there any hidden files/folder that I am missing that could cause this problem?

Thank you kindly for any help forthcoming.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. joecrow
    • Team MediaPortal

joecrow Test Group

Ratings:
    +1,196 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    You also might want to try uninstalling MySQL and deleting any remaining MySQL folders in Program Data and Program Files (x86 if 32 bit) after the MP uninstall. Then do a fresh MP install which will also download and fresh install MySQL. This has fixed TV issues for me although I have never had a 2 minute channel change problem.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. ToothFaerie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Hi Joecrow, I have previously tried to uninstall MySQL and could not get MP to work at all afterwards. I could install a new MySQL but MP would not recognise it. This is quite a new install of Wind'uhs and I am getting close to a reinstall since the last update broke quite a few bits and pieces. You've got to love WinX updates. ;)

Thank you for your help.

5. joecrow
    • Team MediaPortal

joecrow Test Group

Ratings:
    +1,196 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Just for clarification ;) you need to uninstall MP first then MySQL and delete folders. Then reinstall MP which should, as part of the install, automatically (tick the box if is is not set) download and install MySQL. You don't need to manually install MySQL.
    I know what you mean but for me it was 1709 that was the disaster, 1803 has actually fixed several things.:)

6. ToothFaerie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Apologies for not being clear, yes I uninstalled MP first then MySQL and could never get them to talk together again. :(

7. joecrow
    • Team MediaPortal

joecrow Test Group

Ratings:
    +1,196 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    I've seen that but only if I forgot to delete the folders(the leftovers seem to screw up the new install), also maybe try rebooting before reinstalling.:unsure:

8. ToothFaerie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Thank you @joecrow I have tried all that and more, sfc/scannow, total uninstall, regedit (and found all links manually), it is the reason I ended up coming back to you guys. I really at am a loss. You are very kind with your time helping me here. Have a great day and an even better year.

9. ToothFaerie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    This is madness... I have not used MP since last Wednesday and now it works perfectly. No stalling, no 2 minute wait, straight to program. I have done nothing, no updates, no new drivers, it has just started working. Wind'uhs strikes again. Thank you for all your help @joecrow it seems I only had to wait for windows to figure its sh!t out. LOL

• Like Like x 1
  10. joecrow
    • Team MediaPortal

joecrow Test Group

Ratings:
    +1,196 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Weird o_O but very pleased you got it working, have fun.:)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!