MP1 (1.19.0_Final) 2 minutes wait between channel changes. (1 Viewer)

ToothFaerie

Portal Member
May 31, 2014
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi all, I have a strange issue with changing channels. It is taking 2 minutes for the channel to change. I have completely uninstalled MP using the uninstaller and Ccleaner to remove any hidden files/folders/registry entries from my PC. C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal and C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal are gone and the folder containing the log folder is deleted manually by me. I restart the Windows 10 machine, reinstall and everything works but I still get a 2 minute wait for a channel change. I did notice than I tried to change EPG settings to scan whiles in timeshift/idle and they were the same after I had done a complete uninstall. Are there any hidden files/folder that I am missing that could cause this problem?

Thank you kindly for any help forthcoming.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You also might want to try uninstalling MySQL and deleting any remaining MySQL folders in Program Data and Program Files (x86 if 32 bit) after the MP uninstall. Then do a fresh MP install which will also download and fresh install MySQL. This has fixed TV issues for me although I have never had a 2 minute channel change problem.

Last edited:

ToothFaerie

Portal Member
    May 31, 2014
    Home Country
    Hi Joecrow, I have previously tried to uninstall MySQL and could not get MP to work at all afterwards. I could install a new MySQL but MP would not recognise it. This is quite a new install of Wind'uhs and I am getting close to a reinstall since the last update broke quite a few bits and pieces. You've got to love WinX updates. ;)

Thank you for your help.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Joecrow, I have previously tried to uninstall MySQL and could not get MP to work at all afterwards. I could install a new MySQL but MP would not recognise it. This is quite a new install of Wind'uhs and I am getting close to a reinstall since the last update broke quite a few bits and pieces.
    Just for clarification ;) you need to uninstall MP first then MySQL and delete folders. Then reinstall MP which should, as part of the install, automatically (tick the box if is is not set) download and install MySQL. You don't need to manually install MySQL.
    You've got to love WinX updates. ;)
    I know what you mean but for me it was 1709 that was the disaster, 1803 has actually fixed several things.:)

ToothFaerie

Portal Member
    May 31, 2014
    Home Country
    Apologies for not being clear, yes I uninstalled MP first then MySQL and could never get them to talk together again. :(

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Apologies for not being clear, yes I uninstalled MP first then MySQL and could never get them to talk together again. :(
    I've seen that but only if I forgot to delete the folders(the leftovers seem to screw up the new install), also maybe try rebooting before reinstalling.:unsure:

ToothFaerie

Portal Member
    May 31, 2014
    Home Country
    Thank you @joecrow I have tried all that and more, sfc/scannow, total uninstall, regedit (and found all links manually), it is the reason I ended up coming back to you guys. I really at am a loss. You are very kind with your time helping me here. Have a great day and an even better year.

ToothFaerie

Portal Member
    May 31, 2014
    Home Country
    This is madness... I have not used MP since last Wednesday and now it works perfectly. No stalling, no 2 minute wait, straight to program. I have done nothing, no updates, no new drivers, it has just started working. Wind'uhs strikes again. Thank you for all your help @joecrow it seems I only had to wait for windows to figure its sh!t out. LOL

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Weird o_O but very pleased you got it working, have fun.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom