MP1.23 release mediainfo issue? (1 Viewer)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Is there a list of plugins with known incompatibilities with this release? Has the Mediainfo issue been resolved for any of them already ... will the Extension Manager have all updated plugins listed? I'm only asking so we can seamlessly update everything at once before we try it in our setup.

Sorry if I seem anxious.

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    So I guess you updated your sig after you wrote this post? You have no problems with 1.23 Final with the plugins you listed?

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    So I guess you updated your sig after you wrote this post? You have no problems with 1.23 Final with the plugins you listed?
    Sorry, yes, I took a chance late Sunday, and downloaded it. Extension Manager updated everything needed (except LAV). I'm trying to track-down/repeat an issue I had also with 1.22 and earlier with occasional black screen when starting a video, and an occasional MP crash after playing music from mymusic or TuneIn. Other than that, all seems to be working.

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Good to know, thanks. I might have to bite the bullet and upgrade my machines this weekend, I had also been putting it off because of the MediaInfo thing.

errfoil

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Sorry, yes, I took a chance late Sunday, and downloaded it. Extension Manager updated everything needed (except LAV). I'm trying to track-down/repeat an issue I had also with 1.22 and earlier with occasional black screen when starting a video, and an occasional MP crash after playing music from mymusic or TuneIn. Other than that, all seems to be working.

Is there an earlier release that had no issues? I ran 1.16 or 1.17 forever with no issues, and then upgraded for issues that turned out to be hardware based. Eventually I had to built a new HTPC, installed !.22 and had the black screen bug you mention, so I reverted to a clean install of 1.17. Right now the system runs fine except it does not read the media info properly, it sees all movies as SD, the run times are wrong as well as the audio format (although it plays properly).

Should I stay with 1.17 with its small issues or is there a better/very stable release between 17 and 23?

Also, I don't use live TV, just Moving Pictures and TVSeries.

TIA

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom