MP1-2559-Solve_inconsistent_TVService_detection_from_TVServer_in_TVHome (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Now you know what we are going to ask for, don't you ? ;)

Yep lol :)
    So log and it's with v15 right ?

Sorry for late reply I have been in trouble for spending any more time on this... I am now being told by my partner that if this is not sorted soon we are going to SKY :( I love MP but it seems too unstable on this recent version. Why not just let us have the restart MP on resume as I don't think this will ever be sorted.

Ok its freezing on both clients for upto 4 minutes, tv also doesn't automatically start playing whereas the server it starts playing. The time will show on screen for the last time I used it and no response until I have let it rest for 3/4 minutes.

Have included logs for both clients and the server which resumes straight away.

Can you test with 'LatestMediaHandler' disable ?
    Also another test will be to try when server is already up and running (so start it manually before start kitchen or bedroom).

I can't reproduce it here so that not really easy to fix.

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yep lol :)
    So log and it's with v15 right ?

Sorry for late reply I have been in trouble for spending any more time on this... I am now being told by my partner that if this is not sorted soon we are going to SKY :( I love MP but it seems too unstable on this recent version. Why not just let us have the restart MP on resume as I don't think this will ever be sorted.

Ok its freezing on both clients for upto 4 minutes, tv also doesn't automatically start playing whereas the server it starts playing. The time will show on screen for the last time I used it and no response until I have let it rest for 3/4 minutes.

Have included logs for both clients and the server which resumes straight away.

Can you test with 'LatestMediaHandler' disable ?
    Also another test will be to try when server is already up and running (so start it manually before start kitchen or bedroom).

I can't reproduce it here so that not really easy to fix.

Ok with server already on sometimes delay sometimes not. Seems to be 3/4 minutes sometimes sometimes 30seconds.

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    I have heard nothing since my last posting but now the server doesnt seem to be waking up when either of the two clients are turned on. One client is hard wired via ethernet and the other is via wifi. I just get a message come up saying I need to specify ip address or server address. Closing mp and opening again sorts this.

Why not just bring start on resume back up its clear that this will not be fixed easily. Its gonna be easier to leave the clients and servers awake 24/7 but this drains power and shouldnt be what mp is about. I have tested and tested and tested. It seems that some systems have issues so the restart on resume needs to be brought back as an option for those still having problems.

Here are my logs for the clients and server.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Will analyse log and hope Scythe42 fix (working on it but not actually can sort the issue).
    I will revert back last commit, i need to look what i have add this month.
    Thanks for your log and maybe if Scythe42 didn't back soon with a fix, i will try to reproduce the issue (i can't right now so hard to find why it failed).

I have see multiple send suspend / wakeup message but even some message i didn't get the OnResume method (sometimes, so it seems that it's not 100% accurate)

And like resume on restart can't be put in back without breaking all other fix about screen size resolution.
    We should properly fix the newest issue.

So version 12 is the best so far ? (all other after that didn't work well right ?)
    I have see some guys where the fix for TV ON/Fullscreen after resume works, so i'm a bit lost :)

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Sometimes tv on works but not always usually if the server is awake. The main issue is the waking of the tv server for me. I think I am gonna put version 12 back on.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    V16 updated and installer too (should be equal to V12 if i'm not wrong).
    I will create a new branch about (latest removed commit) TV ON for resume.

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    V16 updated and installer too (should be equal to V12 if i'm not wrong).
    I will create a new branch about (latest removed commit) TV ON for resume.

JUst updated to V16 on all machines so will report back if any troubles.

One of the files hadnt copied to the server folder properly so I was getting an error. Seems ok now though.

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks,

Is it possible to disable LMH (Last Media Handler) or move the dll outside of plugin folder ? (just for test) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom