[Bug] [MP1-4525] freezes when one video is playing (in small win) and play another video will come (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No, I did not.
    Okay, so maybe this could explain why the MS DTV-DVD video codec is not working correctly.

Should I set it up (LAV + MS codec) to all - i.e. Video, Blueray, TV and DVD codecs?
    For now it seems that the MS video codec can't be used for TV, so you should at least change TV. I'd recommend to change the others too, yes.

Which audio render then I should use in Video, Blueray, TV and DVD codecs?
    No need to change audio renderer.

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Okay, so maybe this could explain why the MS DTV-DVD video codec is not working correctly.
    Does it mean for the issue I have s responsible "MS DTV-DVD video codec"?
    Yesterday I was trying to set up for audio/video codecs in all parts (TV, BR, DVD, Video) different codecs (to avoid LAV and MS codecs) and I had same issue.

Should I set it up (LAV + MS codec) to all - i.e. Video, Blueray, TV and DVD codecs?
    In current case I have:
    • Video: MP audio renderer
    • BR video MP audio renderer
    • DVD video MP audio renderer
    • TV: DefaultDirect device
    I have for video, BR video and DVD for all codec types the LAV codecs & MP audio renderer -> AFAIK it should be fine, right?

For the TV - if I mix audio and video codecs for different suppliers, is it OK to mix audio/video codecs for audio renderer?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Does it mean for the issue I have s responsible "MS DTV-DVD video codec"?
    I don't know. All that I can see is that MP fails to cleanly stop playing the recording (TS file). The strange codec behaviour is the only hint of an earlier problem. That's why I'm asking you to test LAV instead of MS.

I have for video, BR video and DVD for all codec types the LAV codecs & MP audio rendere -> AFAIK it should be fine, right?
    Should be okay, yes... but there is no such thing as 100% guarantee.

For the TV - if I mix audio and video codecs for different suppliers, is it OK to mix audio/video codecs for audio renderer?
    Sorry, I don't understand the question.
    Please for TV just use:
    • LAV for all video
    • MS for all audio (or LAV if it works... but you said it caused the radio problem, so that is the only reason I'm not recommending it)
    • default directsound for audio renderer

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Sorry, I don't understand the question.
    Question is: Can you set up different codec suppliers for audio / video codecs? AFAIK the renderer has to somehow cooperate with audio and video codecs, so I am just afraid that to use LAV for video and MS for audio can be source of troubles for audio renderer - as I understand audio renderer has sometimes change the speed of audio / video stream to synchronizes audio / video somehow together.

Please for TV just use:
    LAV for all video
    MS for all audio (or LAV if it works... but you said it caused the radio problem, so that is the only reason I'm not recommending it)
    default directsound for audio renderer
    Unfortunately it did not help, the issue with this setting is the same. I also tried to set up for all audio and video codecs only LAV codecs and MP audio renderer and also with this setting the issue is still the same:([DOUBLEPOST=1403731522][/DOUBLEPOST]I just install new Windows 8.1 x64 and MP1.8.0 pre-release (nothing else is installed) and I have the same issue + the filmerit shows everything OK. It happens with LAV and MS codecs.

Last edited:

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    I tested in MP 1.7.0 and the same issue. You dont have this issue in your PC? I have a feeling this is a bug somewhere, but not bug in codec.[DOUBLEPOST=1403735765][/DOUBLEPOST]I think the issue is related to check on of the box:
    upload_2014-6-26_0-33-52.png

Can you please try steps to introduce it in your HTPC with enabled playing videos with your camera?

Last edited:

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    New information:)

Case, when the freeze happens:
    1. start to play ts video (recorded TV)
    2. to go to home screen -> video from point 1 is playing in small windows on top of the screen
    3. go to camera video files (available due to "Enabled playing videos files made with your camera)) and start to play any another camera video file
    4. MP immediately freezes -> just kill MP process helps

Case, when the freeze does not happen:
    1. start to play ts video (recorded TV)
    2. to go to home screen -> video from point 1 is playing in small windows on top of the screen
    3. go to video files (fillms) and start to play any another film video file (ts or avi or mpeg)
    4. MP stop to play first video and starts to play second video

In both cases codecs setting is the same - see attachments.
    It means MP freeze only in case the second video is started from camera menu, if I start same second video from film menu, MP does not freeze.
    Also the first video can be started from TV or film menu - it does not matter, important is the second video starts from camera (!) menu - then MP freezes every time (does not matter if the second video is avi or mp4 or ts).

Martin

Attachments

• Codec setting - blue ray.png
      Codec setting - blue ray.png
      29.6 KB
    • Codec setting - dvd.png
      Codec setting - dvd.png
      30.6 KB
    • Codec setting - tv.png
      Codec setting - tv.png
      31.4 KB
    • Codec setting - video renderer.png
      Codec setting - video renderer.png
      31.4 KB
    • Codec setting - video.png
      Codec setting - video.png
      38.5 KB

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Hello mm,
    can you please check if it is happen in your system, please? I was testing 2 HTPCs, one with Windows 7 and second one with Windows 8.1 and I have same issue on both systems.

Finally I can confirm, it happens only when any first video is playing in small windows in the middle on top for the screen (it can be TV video, movie video, camera video - ASAIK it does not matter) and in parallel I start to play second video made by my camera in picture menu -> then the MP will freeze.

I think it would not be codec issue as it does not happen if I start to play second video, which is from TV recorded video library or from movie library - in this case first video stops to play and second one start to play without any issues.

Log files from above attached.

Let me know, please.
    Martin

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Hi mm,
    does "I confirm" mean you found same issue on your HTPC as me? I am not sure if I understand correctly.
    Martin

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I can reproduce it on my side too :)
    So testing how can fix it and provide a bin to test later in the week end :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom