[MP1-4578] Crashes after standby (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Description of Change

This branch try to fix MP crash or freeze after S3 (Standby), current MP version has an issue if MP is not focused on resume, the signal to tell MP that system has resumed is not handled and lead to MP freezed.
    This branch fix that and try to fix other resume issues.
    It didn't fix some rare case where GPU graphics crash on resume (like some Intel Integrated GPU).
    In General when GPU crash/recover, MP didn't survive to this, it's rare but can happen and most of the time on resume.
    This is a BUGFIX installer to get attention about testing for user that run into this issue, with enough good result and without regression, it surely can go in next MP release.:)

Jira Link : https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-4578
    Git Branch : https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...)_causes_freezes_after_resume_from_standby_V4
    Wiki docs: No need.

Steps to install and test
    Installation
    2015.04.02 :
    Download the -->> installer based on 1.11 Final <<-- and execute it.

Testing
    Upgrade your current 1.11.0 Pre-Release installation and try :) :
    Please do not forget to give some feedback (also if there is no bug). Thank you!
    That's all :)

Sebastiii

Changelog

2015.04.02 :
    Version 1.11 Final

Build Based on MP 1.11 master + MP1-4578 branch.

Version 1.10.100 Pre-release

Build Based on MP 1.10.100 master + MP1-4578 branch.

History
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mp1-4578-crashes-after-standby.127806/
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mp1-4578-crashes-after-standby.128997/

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Seb,

The file name says 1.10.100_2015-02-26 while one would expect to see 1.11.100. Just want to ensure that this version is really the 1.11.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)
    1.10.100 is 1.11 Pre-release. (I know, i most often mix thing too but it's the correct installer)
    Thanks to asking.

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I guess this is the same code as the bugreport topic right? I'm running these fixes for some time now and everything works smooth and without issues.

Incase I have any issues I will surely add it to this topic.

Last edited:

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I got an issue where there is no video when I start live tv sometimes, the screen just stays black and when I click info the info window comes up like normally but the screen staybs black. This can only be fixed by restarting mediaportal. I've grabbed a watchdog zip just after it happened, maybe you can find the cause.

Since i'm running the test build from this thread(including tv thread, and playlist fix) and the problem only occurs after standby sometimes I think it can be related.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The reason TV isn't playing is because there is no audio decode filter connected to TsReader - there is no 'audPin:CompleteConnect()' entry in TsReader log.

From MediaPortal log the pin connection seems to have failed:
    Code:
    [2015-03-09 22:04:36,888] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - Filter: LAV Audio Decoder - try to connect: Output
    [2015-03-09 22:04:36,888] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - DirectShowUtil: build the graph for PIN : Output
    [2015-03-09 22:04:37,205] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - DirectShowUtil: RenderUnconnectedOutputPins Pin Output - failed
    [2015-03-09 22:04:37,206] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - TSReaderPlayer: CleanupCC filter (Tv/Recorded Stream Detected)
    [2015-03-09 22:04:37,206] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - Check graph connections for: LAV Audio Decoder
    [2015-03-09 22:04:37,206] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] -  - remove done

Is it possible that the Audio Device isn't available, so the Audio Renderer is refusing the connection from the LAV Audio decoder output pin ?

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I don't think so as sound is working correct when the tv doesn't play(I got the bleep bleep from my titan skin when pressing buttons for example). Tv only starts after I start it manually so by that time I'm sure my receiver has turned fully on so that can't be the problem.

Can this be related to this build/thread anyway?

markus_g

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2006
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    This bugfix appears to cause problems with a Intel GPU. When I tested it Mediaportal seemed to intermittently lockup on startup. I plan to test it again over the weekend and supply logs. It didn't appear to lockup when going to standby though.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I don't think so as sound is working correct when the tv doesn't play(I got the bleep bleep from my titan skin when pressing buttons for example). Tv only starts after I start it manually so by that time I'm sure my receiver has turned fully on so that can't be the problem.

Can this be related to this build/thread anyway?

That's possible to have sound in Titan and not on TV or watching a movie, i think it append once on my side but not sure.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    i have your build since 1 week now, and few time TV show sound but with black screen, this issue appear after resume only.
    and when TV go to sleep many times, or go to sleep by timer.

yesterday, MP GUI was freezed after resume, but i can hear the "click" sound of my remote. but enter has no effect.
    and for change, i have removed the logs... "comme un con ! "

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom