[WiP] MP1-4736: Hide Windows volume overlay/OSD (1 Viewer)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    We are planning to integrate that "Hide windows volume OSD" feature originally developed by @Marcus Venturi into MP1.

See JIRA MP1-4736.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

One thing I noticed is that Windows volume OSD under Windows 10 gets hidden while Mediaportal is minimized or in tray, even after closing Mediaportal it doesn't want to come back and only a reboot fixes.

Last edited by a moderator:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MS should implement a setting whether the volume OSD should be shown or not - then you could switch it off when running MP and switch it on when desired under Windows ;)
    Then we would not need that hack in MP (which is ugly when you start MP for the first time and the MP volume OSD is shown....)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MS should implement a setting whether the volume OSD should be shown or not - then you could switch it off when running MP and switch it on when desired under Windows ;)
    Then we would not need that hack in MP (which is ugly when you start MP for the first time and the MP volume OSD is shown....)

Well if the hack is well done then it's exactly the same amount of work to be fair.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Enabled "Show volume OSD" in mepo config however it still hides the volume OSD on startup and only returns on re-log or reboot, is there another setting to control this behavior or am I running into a bug?

//Update

Looks like it asumes hideWindowsOSD is always true however that setting doesn't exist in my mediaportal.xml (only defaultVolumeOSD = yes):

https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...iaportal/Core/Player/VolumeHandler.cs#L72-100

So can either set hideWindowsOSD to false by default (if no setting exists) or make sure we always write the hideWindowsOSD config value :)
    Jus tried manually adding hideWindowsOSD = no to the mediaportal.xml and that works, can't find any other setting in mepo config that relates to that so far but maybe I'm overlooking it.

mepo_osd.JPG

Last edited:

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Enabled "Show volume OSD" in mepo config however it still hides the volume OSD on startup and only returns on re-log or reboot, is there another setting to control this behavior or am I running into a bug?

You can disable this new feature (please add this to wiki):

<section name="volume">
    <entry name="hideWindowsOSD">false</entry>
    </section>

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You can disable this new feature (please add this to wiki):

<section name="volume">
    <entry name="hideWindowsOSD">false</entry>
    </section>

Added that yesterday and indeed works fine that way with only no instead of false but guessing that gets converted (as the other settings use yes/no as well) :) , would be great if there was an option in the configuration UI in the future to make it easier to for the users.

Code:
      <section name="volume">
      <entry name="hideWindowsOSD">no</entry>
      </section>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom