[WiP] MP1-4736: Hide Windows volume overlay/OSD (2 Viewers)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks, didn't notice the change before and glad to see it's in the works :)

Last edited:

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This feature as it is implemented is not cool. I understand we were trying to avoid adding yet another checkbox in our configuration however I would prefer to have that new check box rather than expecting users to go edit their XML configuration.

I would like us to polish that before the MP 1.15 final release.
    Can we have a check box saying: Hide operating system volume overlay (Windows 8, Windows 10).
    I understand this applies only to Windows 8 and 10 right?

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, didn't notice the topic before and glad to see it's in the works :)

Well that is just the original thread from Marcus which we hijacked to implement the feature. I just created that testing thread, we should have created one much earlier as this feature obviously needs more testing than originally thought.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Would expect that editing the config manually is typically for testing as it's prone to user error and later on one would add it to UI config but agree that it's crowed already so there's a valid point there as well :) , if it weren't for the need to reboot / re-log to get the OSD back would have been fine I think especially since most use dedicated HTPCs.

There are also some rare cases like if you don't use the system volume, for instance with my Logitech headset I need the Windows volume OSD as Mediaportal doesn't register its volume actions.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    We should also default hideWindowsOSD to false to keep it compatible with earlier version of MP1 especially since we can't turn it back on when closing MP1.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    We should also default hideWindowsOSD to false to keep it compatible with earlier version of MP1 especially since we can't turn it back on when closing MP1.

1. We can change to be the default setting is off.
    2. We can add a new option to our Option Portal. :p
    3. Or leave it as is now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom